Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 73 RS Restoration #0339

Banned
    Now that I'm looking at pics on a monitor it appears they did in fact remove the batt boxes. Why would they do that?

Kevin is also a great guy. You did your homework.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Now that I'm looking at pics on a monitor it appears they did in fact remove the batt boxes. Why would they do that?

Kevin is also a great guy. You did your homework.
    I am thinking they may have gotten damaged at some point? If only I had a time machine I was show up and yell "No! Stop!". Anyhow, Rich and I are working on finding some original front metal for the car. I have found one clip in LA but they want a fortune for it...but it is the only one I have found!

Yeah until we can do metal work and mechanical work on the level that experts like Rich and Kevin can do, why reinvent the wheel? They have it figured out! We focus on the disassembly, organization and assembly of the restorations here currently. Plenty of moving pieces!

I have been doing some searching on the forums here and other sources and I am wondering if anyone could confirm markings on glass for 73. This is an M472 car, so the thin glass does not apply.
    Collection Manager - HH Motorcars, LLC

Currently Restoring - 1973 Carrera RS 2.7 - 1970 Porsche 914-6

www.hhmotorcars.com

Quote Originally Posted by thenewgarage View Post
    Yes J3 Restorations is putting in on a Celette table and getting it back into factor spec.
    I saw your car this past w/e when I was dropping my '68 at J3...literally the least "significant" car in the shop, but important to me anyway. Rich and his team have incredible skills. Looking forward to seeing the progress on both of our cars.
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Restoration-Design has battery boxes

http://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/PP206L
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"
    1987 BMW K100RS Motorsport
    2004 BMW X3 6 speed manual transmisson

do you have the seats or still looking for?

best

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Restoration-Design has battery boxes

http://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/PP206L
    Yes we may be going with Resto Design's battery boxes but we are doing due diligence to see if we can find original sheet metal.

www.hhmotorcars.com

Quote Originally Posted by recaro View Post
    do you have the seats or still looking for?

best
    Still looking...

www.hhmotorcars.com

Newgarage -

All the first-series RS had Verglabel thin glass, I believe.

- Rob

Quote Originally Posted by thenewgarage View Post
    I am thinking they may have gotten damaged at some point? If only I had a time machine I was show up and yell "No! Stop!". Anyhow, Rich and I are working on finding some original front metal for the car. I have found one clip in LA but they want a fortune for it...but it is the only one I have found!
    Certainly to improve the coolling, either of the oil or the brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert5995 View Post
    Newgarage -

All the first-series RS had Verglabel thin glass, I believe.

- Rob
    I have gone back and forth on this as some sources say thin glass for all of the first series, M471 and M472. The more I dug into it and looked at original first series M472 cars they were fitted with standard production series glass, though the windshield was still the thinner Glaverbel variant.

For reference, here is a very original M472 first series RS that I had the opportunity to document...note the production series stamp

Name:  P1060478.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  91.3 KB

www.hhmotorcars.com