Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what RUF is doing is just unreal!

70tangerine,

I agree with you. But there are a lot of fat admirerers on here. :-)

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ht=lost+loving

Shift Knob Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by tcsracing1 View Post

If porsche has a patent on the 911 body design, they should act on it now.
    That's a little silly, Ruf and Porsche have a Loooong standing relasionship.

I like it, and I applaud their efforts.

Mark..

Quote Originally Posted by 76911S View Post
    That's a little silly, Ruf and Porsche have a Loooong standing relasionship.

I like it, and I applaud their efforts.

Mark..
    A relationship is one thing, but when you manufacture your own car from the ground up and make it look like a Porsche, that is a little much IMO.

When people look at this car they think it is a Porsche 911. But it is not and never will be. The body lines and rear engine configuration were copied from Porsche.

Had they started with a Porsche Tub, then that would be different. Like Singer. But RUF made their own tub and copied the 911 body style.

I would call this an expensive, well engineered 911 replica.

I can appreciate it, but not my kind of car. Would hate to say it is not a Porsche when people ask and tell them it is a copied replica for 800k. (even if it is better car)

Also interesting that it is somewhat styled along the ways of a 1974-1989 911. The cheapest of the torsion bar era of the 911.....
    I guess the longhood backdate trend is starting to slow.
    LOOKING FOR 1967S TRANSMISSION #103586
    Looking For 1969T Engine #6195922
    Looking For 1969T Transmission #7194313

Looking for 1969T Transmission #7195495
    www.tcspeed.com

Shift Knob Maker
    My point was, I am sure they designed the car with full permission from Porsche. They have been buying 911 tubs and stamping their own vins on them for years, then they are no longer Porsche's, I don't think Porsche has a problem with Ruf using their outdated design to build a modern interpretation of their 90's design.

I would have NO trouble saying, no it's not a Porsche it's a RUF! A Singer (which I also love) is just a Porsche with Singer upgrades, a Ruf is a Ruf.

Mark..

Here's a 10 minute video from Ruf about the new CTR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfpm-o1fNsY

whatever...lol

I think its kind of amazing....and I love the look....hes being true to his origins yet very updated

I enjoyed the vid.

cannot imagine the power surge of the car.

I’ll take the Singer-Williams thank you.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914