Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porsche 1973 911 T Mechanical Injection

Porsche 1973 911 T Mechanical Injection

I am having problems with the mechanical injection pump and it needs to be rebuilt. It was recommended to me that I consider installing carburetors instead of the problems with the injector system. Has any one installed carbs on a car previously injected? What are the issues and how will it affect the sales price when it is sold??
    Thanks

member #1515
    Although many converted to carbs, a properly set up MFI is a real pleasure.
    Pacific fuel injection does excellent work.
    Where are you located? There are several mfi experts scattered around the country, and lots more people who can really mess it up.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Banned
    Converting to carbs is so eighties.

You'll regret it. Especially when it's time to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by frank beck View Post
    converting to carbs is so eighties.

you'll regret it..
    Name:  PastedGraphic-1.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  66.3 KB

plus

Name:  PastedGraphic-2.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  63.6 KB

equals

Name:  PastedGraphic-3.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  37.0 KB

Mark

Where as

Name:  PastedGraphic-4.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  108.5 KB

PLUS

Name:  PastedGraphic-5.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  85.3 KB

EQUALS

Name:  PastedGraphic-6.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  69.5 KB

Mark

I concur with everybody else on here, I wouldn't put carbs on my 72 if you paid me . The smart move would be to rebuild the injection pump. You'll have the cost of the carburetors and the reduction in value when you're done. It's hard to say how much it affects value. I would think at least 5k but probably closer to 10K . Others may have a better idea of impact on value.

+1
    Paid the premium to have the MFI pump properly rebuilt.
    You may wish to evaluate the throttle bodies, butterfly valves, and linkage while you have the MFI pump out.

My 143,000 mile '73 2.4 MFI engine still going strong (knock on wood):

Name:  0228181539.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  87.8 KB
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Who recommended putting on carbs?
    Obviously someone who knows little about MFI....
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

contact the guy's at CLUB SPORT--they run a racing class for 2 liter cars. They may know of some one who can help you fix your MFI. They are somewhere is Florida. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Klubsport is in Riviera Beach Florida. Contact the head mechanic/owner Bruce Elsworth. He can look at your MFI set-up and tell you what's wrong and what it will cost in a half hour or less. They do a lot more than just work on 2.0 race cars. That's just an event that they sponsor. They do plenty of other Porsche engines and everything from 911 street cars to high performance race cars.

Quote Originally Posted by raspy2point2 View Post
    contact the guy's at CLUB SPORT--they run a racing class for 2 liter cars. They may know of some one who can help you fix your MFI. They are somewhere is Florida. Chris