Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1968 911S field find

1968 911S field find

Recently pulled a 1968 911s and 1968 912 out of the woods of Georgia.

Literally 1/2 a mile back on a dirt road behind three gates. Quite the adventure, only to be outdone by the adventure of putting this one back together.

Pulled a few things I needed off the 912 and selling it no reserve on eBay.

Trying to learn more about the history of the 911, vin 11800675. It’s been in Georgia for over 30 years and last ran in 1995. Engine, transmission and chassis all match the kardex. February 68 build date. Champagne yellow over black.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

you might post the 912 on 912bbs.org, the black sheep gather over there and you might see some interest in the 9 dozen over there.

Sounds like a good adventure.

Regards

Cool. Must've been a euro delivery. Any idea of the history? Going back to stock, or? Patrick Motorsports just listed this ‘68S. Very nice, use it for inspiration. I do have some ‘68 Sport Seats if interested.

http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/listing/1968-911s/

Steven,

Great find. I hope you find the intestinal fortitude to restore the S. If guess it would have basketweave interior being from mid year production.

Re the other car mentioned above ... I'm surprised at that production date as my car 002 was completed that same day I believe.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Nice find...
    Registry member No.773

Banned
    Congratulations. They're still out there.

Very rare to have fac A/C on a Euro car. Is it on the Kardex?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Congratulations. They're still out there.

Very rare to have fac A/C on a Euro car. Is it on the Kardex?
    AC was not on the Kardex. Will remove it when I restore the car

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenUiterwyk View Post
    AC was not on the Kardex. Will remove it when I restore the car
    Curious: Rubber hoses or fabric hoses?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Curious: Rubber hoses or fabric hoses?
    Hoses are rubber. Most AC components are removed. No idea as to timing of the same. Does not look like it was a factory installation.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenUiterwyk View Post
    Hoses are rubber. Most AC components are removed. No idea as to timing of the same. Does not look like it was a factory installation.
    That's definitely a fac comp bracket off the engine case console. If it's not too much trouble please post a pic of the underdash unit (if it's there.) Documentation of Behr A/C during '68/'69 is very foggy.

Thx