Thread: The facelessness of some forums.

The facelessness of some forums.

Forums are at times or have the personal feeling at time's of being somewhat vacuous and it is neither the OP or forum replier to blame or in any way at fault.

The wonderful thing about me typing this is that I (stupidly) feel invisible to all but myself.
    I have peeved many over the years (apologise to you all )

Get over it,

However sometimes the brutal honesty that seclusion provides allows for sympathy and totally honest emotional respect and understanding.

I personally have been the recipient of such support, and yes,, from the members of this at times hilarious site.

We are all good creatures, we share a common interest, we actually care,, as I found out.

There have been times when an evening spent reading a thread has not just enlightened me , it has shown me what at times commitment is all about, and I personally praise you all for just that simple privilege alone.

The Monitors , the Board do actually have their work cut out ,, looking after us reprobates , but they put their hand up and god bless they did.

I would like to thank you all,, your hearts are in the correct flat 6 alignment and it has been a privilege communicating with the most.

Mark

ps, move this if you feel it is not situated correctly.

Banned
    Props to the Turd Wrestler!

Group Hug!

On point and relavent. In this synthetic culture that we’ve all found ourselves in, it’s very easy to invent or design a persona that self promotes and seeks validation. For better or worse I applaud those who pull no punches and pull the curtain back. (So long as it’s not the shower curtain!!)

I’m thankful to have met several members of this community and look forward to getting to know more on a more intimate level. For those who have helped me with tight spots, a double thank you.

This is actually the most docile forum I've ever been a part of. We all share a common bond and many of us know each other so although we sometimes disagree, we carry ourselves in a mature manner for the most part.
    Try entering a political forum just prior to an election and you'll see what I mean. It didn't help that we had Russian trolls everywhere either. In fact I pointed several of them out and Facebook informed me my page had attempted to be hacked by someone in Moscow. True story. They made me change my password to something I don't even remember now. This place is G-rated compared to that. Even with Frank. BAM!

Gearby,

Yeah well,

The NOT writing about,

Politics, Religion,Vulgarities etc are base "understandings" of what we have here.

Yip,, at times it is like ""ho Hum" but

Pull up beside your locally voted representative at the intersection in AK, LA , NYC, (since you mentioned it) MSK and express your personal view and see how you get on.

Ive read , seen and learnt some stuff of brilliance here,,,'sunshine' ,,,so dont "knock" the ''''docile'''

Why did I start this.

Mark
    Last edited by NZVW; 03-18-2018 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZVW View Post
    Ive read , seen and learnt some stuff of brilliance here,,,'sunshine' ,,,so dont "knock" the ''''docile'''

Why did I start this.

Mark
    I'm not sure, but you may have misread what I stated. I was not "knocking" the docile. It's better that way.
    Nor did I espouse a political belief or advocate anything.
    My point simply being, the facelessness of our forum is nowhere near as bad as the facelessness of other forums. Those people don't know each other at all and get quite nasty. A lot of the people on here actually do know each other.
    "Sunshine"? I have to chuckle at that because I can't allow myself to be distracted by something as silly as being called sunshine. After all, I've been on Sports forums and political forums and must prepare myself mentally for the next time I pull up next to my locally voted representative.