Thread: Fuel caps

Fuel caps

Early car Fuel caps. 40.00 ea. Plus shipping
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 72targa; 03-17-2018 at 07:32 AM.

PM Sent. Do you know if these will fit a '73?
    '73 RoW 911T (project)
    '77 911S
    Early911SReg #2945

frank.

No, not if a 73 is the same as a mid 72

And it's not corrosion on the antenna base it's reflection but the grime underneath the old slop flap is uncleansed.

Mark

IMG_0295.jpg
    Last edited by NZVW; 03-17-2018 at 07:44 PM.

So I looked through photos of my '73 before disassembly, and it appears I have the same "bayonet" style cap that NZVW posted for his '72 (thanks for posting photo).

Researching this a bit more, PET it lists cap 901.201.271.00 ("bayonet lock") is used from '69-'77 (I did not search earlier), but also lists an alternate number for cars with the aluminum front crossmember - 901.201.272.00 (screw lock), which is the cap also used on SCs. My late build '77 uses the screw-on type cap, so it appears that the factory used up the inventory of bayonet locking necks/caps, and then moved to the screw on type at some point late in the mid-year production.
    '73 RoW 911T (project)
    '77 911S
    Early911SReg #2945