Thread: Momo Hub Horn Contact Pin and Cable

Momo Hub Horn Contact Pin and Cable

Hello, my horn stopped working yesterday. The cause seems to be a broken horn contact pin.

My car has a Momo prototipo that uses a pin attached to a cable that in turn attaches to the horn button (see pictures borrowed from Corpanzer..thanks)

Any idea where I can source a contact pin and cable?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Henry

member #1515
    I think the factory par is the same except for the connector.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Not really, the factory pin looks like this (see below) whereas the one in my car had a cable attached to the other end of the pin.
    Henry

Henry- I sent you a PM. I think I have a spare connector and wire. Let me check at home. Nick
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    Henry- I sent you a PM. I think I have a spare connector and wire. Let me check at home. Nick
    Thanks a lot!
    Henry

Henry

Here’s what I found. PM me your address and I’ll get it in the mail.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    Henry

Here’s what I found. PM me your address and I’ll get it in the mail.
    Thanks Nick that is exactly what I need
    Henry

Just for informational sake...FS: Steering Wheel Hub Contact Assembly, For Momo 230 Hubs

Some of the MoMo hub castings won't allow the terminal to pass through, so you may have to cut the terminal off and recrimp a new one or splice the wire of the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyT View Post
    Just for informational sake...FS: Steering Wheel Hub Contact Assembly, For Momo 230 Hubs

Some of the MoMo hub castings won't allow the terminal to pass through, so you may have to cut the terminal off and recrimp a new one or splice the wire of the old one.
    Thanks, in my case the terminal will fit through the hole
    Henry

Quote Originally Posted by hdavis View Post
    Messing about with my own hub and came across this thread and noticed the pinch ring in the first picture - which way is correct? This way or flipped?

Johan
    SEARCHING FOR ENGINE 6208326 (last seen in car with VIN 9111101452)

-70 911E
    -84 3,2 Sold