Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Autonomous Uber fatality

Banned

Autonomous Uber fatality

Did anyone really think this wouldn’t happen sooner than later?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/19...olice-say.html

For those who think this is the future, think again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Did anyone really think this wouldn’t happen sooner than later?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/19...olice-say.html

For those who think this is the future, think again.
    not a big fan of this but i`m afraid it is the future

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridget_Driscoll

member #1515
    Humans make even more mistakes. Won't be long before even race cars are autonomous. Luca Di Grassi is hard at work on an E-racer.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

member #1515
    Most humans just lean on the horn!
    I am sure they will come up with an trajectory algorithm to do just this same thing. AI is learning all the time, it sort of feeds on itself. HAL?
    David

Rod Serling spectacle on a grand scale. This is what happens when mechanical design comes to an abrupt halt.

If you consider future Head On collisions, especially of a two lane winding road, today a defensive driver has a chance to avoid oncoming vehicle or carriers in advance by staying out to one side of the road. Driverless keeps the occupant positioned in the lane until 'it' decides is the right moment to divert over.

By then it may be too late.

member #1515
    If both cars are autonomous, they will "talk" to each other and take appropriate course to avoid the collision. Just as icy bridges will send an alert and backed up traffic on a foggy road. Believe me, I have seen the development of this technology, and it will ultimately be much safer than human drivers. robots won't be distracted by screaming kids or texts.
    David

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    If both cars are autonomous, they will "talk" to each other
    But who will the personal injury lawyers talk to?

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    If both cars are autonomous, they will "talk" to each other and take appropriate course to avoid the collision. Just as icy bridges will send an alert and backed up traffic on a foggy road. Believe me, I have seen the development of this technology, and it will ultimately be much safer than human drivers. robots won't be distracted by screaming kids or texts.
    And are we all prepared to either live or die along with loved ones, based on the radio wave receptions, sent, received, processed, confident there has been no system glitch, pulse, deviation of signal, until....an ambulance is sent out, driverless as well. Can you imagine being part of that scene ?
    Last edited by 62S-R-S; 03-19-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Shift Knob Maker
    Guess what road my wife uses to drive to work every day.

https://www.inverse.com/article/3483...r-highway-ohio

Mark..