Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel Arch Trim

Wheel Arch Trim

Hello I have a 1971 911T. It has wheel arch trim.

COA says 470 comfort pack but there is nothing listed therein for an option for arch trim. Personally I don't like it. I'm unsure whether it is factory original if so I would reluctantly probably keep it on. I would be pleased to hear your opinion thanks.

FYI: My '77 came with the wheel arch trim (which I removed), and it is listed on the COA as:

"Aluminum Rocker Panels & Fender Trim"
    '73 RoW 911T (project)
    '77 911S
    Early911SReg #2945

If not in the COA I would just pull it off. I thought there was a way to distinguish factory vs. dealer installed, think it was rivets for factory and screws for dealer. Maybe Jim B. Will check in on this one.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

FWIIW: my 73 Targa has wheelarch trim, listed on the COA as „Wheel Well Moldings“.

The trim looks a bit fussy but goes well with the car - gold targa, greem tinted windows - and it will stay on. Would pull it off my coupe, though, no matter if it was on the COA or not.
    Last edited by Sun888; 03-30-2018 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Can‘t sepll
    '70 E Coupe Pastel Blue
    '73 S Targa Gold Metallic
    Registry #2890

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    If not in the COA I would just pull it off. I thought there was a way to distinguish factory vs. dealer installed, think it was rivets for factory and screws for dealer. Maybe Jim B. Will check in on this one.
    Good question, Mike. I don't have a clue, though. I AM a huge fan of wheel opening moldings. But, then again, I am a huge fan of Sepia Brown, too.

Regards

Jim

My 71T with comfort (i.e. s trim) has wheel arch trim. Pretty sure it was part of the package.
    Mike de Jong | '71 911T/E 2.4 Tangerine | '74 911S 3.2 Ice Green

It's a matter of personal taste, but I am a big fan of wheel arch trim. If yours is in good shape, I wouldn't be in any rush to take it off. It's quite likely that it's original to the car.

BTW: Wheel arch trim is not part of the comfort equipment option. I know that to be true in the case of the 1970 model year.

Last edited by BrentF; 03-30-2018 at 06:09 PM.
    Brent
    '70 911S
    '68 TR250

Thanks for the comments very helpful

Guys, I need to reinstall wheel well trim on a 70 911... can anyone with original trim tell me where the screws and rivets are positioned? I recall both are used to attach them.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Gris View Post
    Guys, I need to reinstall wheel well trim on a 70 911... can anyone with original trim tell me where the screws and rivets are positioned? I recall both are used to attach them.
    Rivets were used for the trim on my '77.
    '73 RoW 911T (project)
    '77 911S
    Early911SReg #2945