Thread: Halda gears for Avon 215/60/15 ?

Halda gears for Avon 215/60/15 ?

Does anyone have a halda unit in their car fitted with an Avon 215/60/15 tyre on a 7" rim?

Can you share what X & Z gears you have installed please?

My car is in pieces, 4 hours away, and I can't do a distance check then order cogs to arrive here in time.

Hoping someone may have a ready answer...

I guess the other way is to figure out the the % difference in the circumference of the old tyre, compared to the new, and adjust the cogs accordingly?

It would be nice to have a real world solution to check against my math in any case!

thanks in advance

nathan
    Last edited by nathan; 10-11-2017 at 11:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Hi Nathan,

Just had my Halda serviced and checked my calibration today........running deep 6 and 7R's with 185/70 and 215/60 Avons I found I need X=140 and Z=39 optimum.

Probably a little late for you but would be interested to hear your results, I'm guessing these all vary?

Cheers,

Hey Darren, thanks for the reply.

I am not sure I am going to be much help, my guess is you are working in MPH?

I need to display in KMs (NZ went metric in 1974, so my 1969 car was delivered with MPH gauges)

I haven't checked against a GPS yet, as the cogs arrived too late to use last year and I have only recently installed them.

My starting point was X=128 and Z=58, for a 205/60/15 on a 7r rear wheel.

I have put in a X=127 and Z=58 for the taller Avons, and just need to get out and test this.

I will follow up with a post once this is done.

thanks

nathan

Thanks Nathan,

I asked my Halda service agent which cogs I would need for KM's based on the information I had given him and he came back with 129 and 58 although suggested I first check my mile gears to gauge how accurate they are reading.

Obviously very close to where you're at

Cheers,