Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front & Rear "S" bumper trim for SWB car

Front & Rear "S" bumper trim for SWB car

Set of Front & Rear "S" bumper trim for SWB car. As pictured below. $150 plus actual shipping cost.

IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    '66 911 - Light Ivory | Early '66 with Solex Carbs
    '72 911T - Aubergine originally | now Bahia Red | "S" options | 2.2S P&C's

I will buy this.
    Must see inside of the decos at the ends to confirm S trim
    Please email those pix to crazycactusguy@yahoo.com
    Thanks
    1962 356 S Cab gone
    1967 911S Coupe
    2008 RS60 Boxster gone
    1973.5 911T targa soft window Gone
    Runge 008 Gone
    2002 996 TT x-50 Gone
    2016 Boxster GTS pts gulf orange
    1969 912 SWT pts green

Can I be FRANK with you ?

Live everyday like it's your last .
    Eventually you'll be right.

These aren't SWB bumper trim. We've already been down this road with you and it was a 3 page thread....

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-deco-trim-set

E

Kinda what I thought , but needed to see lack of bullnose.
    1962 356 S Cab gone
    1967 911S Coupe
    2008 RS60 Boxster gone
    1973.5 911T targa soft window Gone
    Runge 008 Gone
    2002 996 TT x-50 Gone
    2016 Boxster GTS pts gulf orange
    1969 912 SWT pts green

Can I be FRANK with you ?

Live everyday like it's your last .
    Eventually you'll be right.

I'm still looking for the 'right' SWB S front trim.......
    Mikey C. ESR Membership #3333
    http://www.mceporsche.com

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    These aren't SWB bumper trim. We've already been down this road with you and it was a 3 page thread....

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-deco-trim-set

E
    Soterik, please get your facts straight before trashing someone’s post. Yes, the post you reference is the same items posted here. However, nowhere in that thread does it state that these are not SWB trim. The discussion revolves around whether these are original production run items (not) or a later production run (likely not) or repros (likely). These indeed came off a SWB car, so I know they fit and they are in decent condition. They came off my car, I took them off myself as there are not correct for my “Normale” car.

Please also note the following:
    - I made no claim in this thread as to originality or these being OEM parts.
    - Notice the price of $150. If I was convinced these were original OEM parts the price would probably be double that or more for this complete set.
    - I am simply trying to sell some goods part that I do not need.

Quote Originally Posted by TWJ View Post
    Soterik, please get your facts straight before trashing someone’s post. Yes, the post you reference is the same items posted here. However, nowhere in that thread does it state that these are not SWB trim. The discussion revolves around whether these are original production run items (not) or a later production run (likely not) or repros (likely). These indeed came off a SWB car, so I know they fit and they are in decent condition. They came off my car, I took them off myself as there are not correct for my “Normale” car.

Please also note the following:
    - I made no claim in this thread as to originality or these being OEM parts.
    - Notice the price of $150. If I was convinced these were original OEM parts the price would probably be double that or more for this complete set.
    - I am simply trying to sell some goods part that I do not need.
    And, nowhere in your first post did you say "what you knew" or linked to the first thread where all the information that "is available" could be seen. Trashed? Don't think so.... Did I shed the light that you didn't so someone would have enough knowledge to buy these parts... absolutely.

Please note that I "knew" what Maverick is looking for as he has a 67S and 68S, and I would prefer that someone would make a purchase with correct knowledge of what the parts "are not".

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    And, nowhere in your first post did you say "what you knew" or linked to the first thread where all the information that "is available" could be seen. Trashed? Don't think so.... Did I shed the light that you didn't so someone would have enough knowledge to buy these parts... absolutely.

Please note that I "knew" what Maverick is looking for as he has a 67S and 68S, and I would prefer that someone would make a purchase with correct knowledge of what the parts "are not".

Maverick asked a question of me and wanted more pics. I would have been happy to respond (and in fact I did) and provide this so he can make an appropriate decision. Anyone else is welcome to do likewise and/or do research on the many threads I sure are out there on this topic. However to make a false public statement ("These aren't SWB bumper trim.") is trashing my thread, yes.

These are in fact SWB trim, correct? You stated they were not, which is not correct and what I am referring to (only). Again, get your facts straight.

I think the price speaks for itself. Everyone on this board knows the value of these parts. Would I be selling original parts for $150? Don't think so.
    Last edited by TWJ; 04-05-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Still Available.

I am moving my home and don't want to move these as I don't need them.

Make an offer. I'll take anything reasonable with shipping extra at actual cost (I will provide a receipt if you like).

Original or Repro I'm not sure. I'm not the expert here. Please do you own research and ask me questions, I'll be happy to answer.

They are "S" trim and they are for a SWB car. I know they fit because I took them off one.
    Last edited by TWJ; 04-05-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Swb deco s

Here is an example of original & pre shrunk rubber!!
    Attached Images Attached Images