Thread: 1964-1965 911 2.0L engine rebuilt

1964-1965 911 2.0L engine rebuilt

1965 Porsche 911 engine $22,000 firm

serial number 901193 type number 901/01, build number 1093

This is a true 1965 engine, not a 66, it has center oiled cams, hole for pierberg double pump. Case is dated 12/64. It was rebuilt some time ago for use in a real 904 as a motor that could have many miles put on it, the 4 cam engine was put into storage. When my client acquired the car car we had a stroke of luck and found the original engine for that car and re-united it (BTW I have a complete rebuilt spare 4 cam 904 engine available as well).

The engine comes as shown, has a new clutch on it, looks to be completely rebuilt and that was the claim from the last owner who was a noteworthy collector. I have no records on it. I would throw it in a car as is and run it for a driver - decision is up to you, on a concours car you would obviously go through it to make sure it is right for you then add Solex carbs and all other 65 parts. I will take a compression and leak down test as time permits. Feel free to ask questions or PM me.

Located in San Diego California
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 06-26-2018 at 06:16 PM.

I have an excellent pair of core Solex carburetors and air cleaner that I can sell with this engine for an additional cost.

Many people still looking for Solex apparently based on the messages I have received. I would give priority to someone buying the engine and Solex together. Solex carbs are complete and matching pair needing rebuild. They were pulled from a car in the 1970s. Original air cleaner and all linkage is present. $32,500 for the lot which is much better than what some people want just for cases. I will throw in a rebuilt original pierburg fuel pump, phlonic spacer, reproduction bendix electric pump, And a repro of the long metal fuel line (sorry no double line over fan). NO - I will not part out a complete set of Solex so don’t ask for one little thing, I have no Solex spare parts.
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 06-27-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Sold and going to UK for FIA

Nice, reborn to race.

Damn.
    Missed this.
    Interested in the 4 cam.
    Contact me at anthonymantella@gmail.com

Anthony, this 65 2.0L engine was advertised for over 6 months in public places. Too bad you did not see it.

The 4 cam engine is still available and has not been advertised as widely. Whoever buys this 904 engine will be very happy, recently cores have gone for my price on a rebuild with only 500 miles on it. By the way, my 4 cam engine was built 10 years ago with original parts, none of this aftermarket stuff we see today.

Seasoned Veteran
    Since this had kinda become an ad for the 4 cam, how much are you asking for it?