Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 37cm vintage, black momo prototipo

37cm vintage, black momo prototipo

Allright guys, the title pretty much says it all. Except for the fact that it's a version with a slight dish and about the condition i can be very brief: it's like a time capsule. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I didn't really plan to sell this wheel but there's three main reasons for posting here:
    1) i have two of these
    2) i seem to be way better in spending money in comparison with making money
    3) i bought a 37cm flat version yesterday.

SOLD

20180319_165205.jpg
    20180319_165209.jpg
    20180319_165215.jpg
    20180319_165222.jpg
    20180319_165227.jpg
    20180319_165300.jpg
    20180319_165304.jpg
    20180319_165316.jpg
    Last edited by Robi; 06-10-2020 at 11:07 AM.

If last year is vintage, your description would be at this point ok

Last year? I'd be interested to hear more about that...?

For information only: What year is this supposed to be from?
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Wow, does anyone check their facts before splattering accusations all over the internet?!? It is very well established “Made in Italy” marking only on back indicates the wheel was produced prior to 1976 when Momo started dating their steering wheels. This is a 2nd generation Prototipo, in a pretty rare size and from the looks in damn nice condition. Good luck with the sale Robi, nice looking wheel. If I didn’t have too many already I’d grab this in a second.

Robi, I'm interested. Can you contact me at porschegtmotorsports@gmail.com.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by StephenAcworth View Post
    For information only: What year is this supposed to be from?
    Stephen, when i started collecting, i always went by the info i gathered online by that time. Most of it came from Mark M. and what he used to say about momo's with the "made in Italy" script on the rear was that they could be dated somewhere 74-75, while the ones having m20340 are from 75-76. Both have the painted model name on the front. Years later, i haven't managed to find different info on this matter.

@pdub02: Thanks John. When people ask me how many momo's i have, i tell them about +-200. But i've said that for quite some time now so it would be more correct to say i have no clue really. Still, there is always stuff to learn and thus i would be very interested to hear what Dirk has to add regarding his earlier statement. To me, this wheel has all the signs a momo of this era should have so he must have some good reasons to come and spread his opinion here the way he did.

@sccchiii: Ok Chris, i will send you an email right away. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Robi View Post
    Stephen, when i started collecting, i always went by the info i gathered online by that time. Most of it came from Mark M. and what he used to say about momo's with the "made in Italy" script on the rear was that they could be dated somewhere 74-75, while the ones having m20340 are from 75-76. Both have the painted model name on the front. Years later, i haven't managed to find different info on this
    Thanks for this info. Always learning. I got a lot of info already from Mark M. and enjoyed his article in 000. My earliest wheel is a late ‘70s Prototipo and so it is nice to see something different and understand what I am seeing! GLWS.
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

The wheel is sold.

You're welcome Stephen

@dirk07: if you read this, i'm still interested in hearing what you seem to know about this "vintage" momo that i don't seem to know.
    Last edited by Robi; 04-23-2018 at 10:32 AM. Reason: changed from pending to sold

here are my point. but I'm not the Momo expert.

grain of leather/vinyl
    stitching
    position of leather gap
    prototipo "painting"
    position of Momo and Prototipo
    not seen on 74-75.

it couldn't be an earlier one and the later ones have a number or a date or? so what is it?