Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 years waiting - 911L 1968

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    I find it a little surprising when even 'good' guys like Robert send a car off knowing the wipers don't work. One should expect at least the basics to work. Not like you were driving off into Arizona, this is England!!
    Ed, Robert is a very nice guy and if I can will buy another car from here right away.
    However, the first first first item to check, you are right, are the wipers conditions in England.
    The funny thing is as soon as the wipers got fix, it stopped raining and did not rain for the rest of the day.

The rest of the car is brillant and above my expectations.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Félicitations Xavier !

Enjoy your new toy. The Classic Days will be fun.

Welcome to the 911L club Xavier

Justin

I joined the 68 club last week too Xavier

Good luck with your purchase, your excitement comes through in your posts.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Thank you guys, very much. I am about to complete 1000 miles in less than 4 days with. Lord, why have I been waiting do long to own one of these ?
    Everything is just perfect, this is what Porsche 911 is all about. Drive it hard, she says more; drive it cool, she is so sweet.
    I'll post more texte/pics as soon as I am back home.

Clyde, tell me more about your newly 68T, please.
    Justin, any pics /details about your L ? Never tired to know more about Ls.

And yes, the Classic Days are fun, however weather is pretty poor.
    Last edited by Xavier PJB; 01-14-2020 at 12:05 AM.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Congratulations Xavier, SHE look like a great find.

Paul

Thank you ! yes I do enjoy it a lot, I just wonder why I did not came earlier to that SWB world.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Congratulations Xavier, SHE looks like a real beauty, and a perfect platform for some Sports Purpose upgrades. Let the adventures begin! We look forward to more pictures and a story!! Drive in good health.

Nick
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

That is bizarre, I have dreamt about the GRp2 911L cars for years (rough interior, 901/30 engine, Fuchs/American Racing wheels, stickers,...), seeking a L, buying other Porsches, starting to collect parts and documentations.
    Now SHE is in, I drove it yesterday for 100 miles under a bright Sunday. I like her as she is, not willing to convert to the GRP2 look alike.

A friend of mine took a brillant picture of her.

Here it comes: the double central outputs Dansk exhaust generating an orchestra above 3500rpm, the steelies, the short gear ratios, the Recaro seats, looks to be enough to me at that point in time. In fact SHE is too precious to me, and I have the strange feeling any mods may alter her. I drive a lot, I will drive her today again, and the next days; so it is not keeping her in the garage, it is something else. Maybe I need a bit of more time.
    X
    Name:  IMG_0153.JPG
Views: 617
Size:  146.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    Congratulations Xavier, SHE looks like a real beauty, and a perfect platform for some Sports Purpose upgrades. Let the adventures begin! We look forward to more pictures and a story!! Drive in good health.

Nick
    Last edited by Xavier PJB; 01-14-2020 at 12:07 AM.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Greetings,

I received the Kardex. Remember this is a 911L 1968 USA.
    I have 2 questions:
    1) among other options, it shows antenna and speaker but no radio. I would easily guess a radio to be supplied by default with these 2 equipments, right ?
    2) what was the standard wheels type for it: steelies, Fuchs,... ?

Help highly appreciated.
    X
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407