Thread: Position of luggage strap brackets?

Position of luggage strap brackets?

Is there a set distance back from the edge of the rear deck for positioning the upper luggage strap brackets?
    Serge

City of Ben Franklin and Cheesesteaks
    Instagram: Truevisionmediaworks

Early S Registry #2457
    Daisy: 1972 T with 2.7 engine and Webers
    LOOKING FOR 911 Engine # 6123044

Rowlf: 2017 Volvo S60 with Polestar Optimization

Mostro di Biscotti: 1975 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Series 2

Veronica: 1987 Carrera coupe - curves in all the right places...SOLD
    Lil' Blue: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon SOLD

Don't get it?! The position of the brackets is determined by the tin flap on top of the parcel-shelf with the respective threads to it. Or are you asking for the position on where to exactly weld the flaps?

--edit--

Sorry my bad. I just checked with the English parts catalogue and some webshops.
    The black thing going on top is called "retaining bar" not bracket. So my assumedly called "flap" would be the "luggage strap support bracket".
    And I guess that's what position you are interested in, right?
    What a bummer that I installed my parcelshelf cover just 4 days ago...
    Last edited by tomster; 04-25-2018 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomster View Post
    Don't get it?! The position of the brackets is determined by the tin flap on top of the parcel-shelf with the respective threads to it. Or are you asking for the position on where to exactly weld the flaps?

--edit--

Sorry my bad. I just checked with the English parts catalogue and some webshops.
    The black thing going on top is called "retaining bar". So my assumedly called "flap" would be the "luggage strap support bracket".
    And I guess that's what position you are interested in, right?
    What a bummer that I installed my parcelshelf cover just 4 days ago...
    Talking about this part: https://www.qscusa.com/products/have...12-90155580120
    Serge

City of Ben Franklin and Cheesesteaks
    Instagram: Truevisionmediaworks

Early S Registry #2457
    Daisy: 1972 T with 2.7 engine and Webers
    LOOKING FOR 911 Engine # 6123044

Rowlf: 2017 Volvo S60 with Polestar Optimization

Mostro di Biscotti: 1975 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Series 2

Veronica: 1987 Carrera coupe - curves in all the right places...SOLD
    Lil' Blue: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon SOLD

Ahh, ok.
    I still don't understand though why you would need the set distance as it is kinda determined by the position of the welded bracket.

The part from your URL is called "retaining bar" and is fitted to the "luggage strap support bracket" welded to the top of your parcelshelf panel (see red arrow)
    Name:  image14196999841419720267.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  144.6 KB

If I recall it correctly the screws to fit it are countersunk M5x20 in black.
    Last edited by tomster; 04-26-2018 at 01:11 PM.