Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Any vintage VWs fans here ?

I am from Germany and I would love to buy an old VW Bus one day and rebuild it up for a roadtrip. Does anyone has tips for me? Is it easier to buy it in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Coupelover911 View Post
    I am from Germany and I would love to buy an old VW Bus one day and rebuild it up for a roadtrip. Does anyone has tips for me? Is it easier to buy it in the US?
    Tip - buy the very best bus you can find and pay what is costs! You will have a much better life driving it than spending your hours restoring it!

http://https://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?153276-FS-The-ultimate-1971-Volkswagen-Bus-Transporter-Westfalia-camper-restored

there are a million different answers because at this time we know nothing of your age, mechanical abilities, or desire to build as you use the bus. however you probably have an idea of what you want to do so i will just direct you to "The Samba.com." there you will find "California" buses and Westphalia pieces to put inside. If you don't mind, you can put a lot of the newer pieces(beds/cabinets etc.) into the 1960'S buses and save money.... P.S. i had a lot of buses and the best was a 1966 deluxe with walk thru front seats. the walk thru is a must

Here is my covid project I bought this in late March and decided since there wasn’t anything else to do I would try my hand at body work. I did have a buddy paint it since I feel like I can’t even spray paint with a rattle can. Anyways its a 53 with the numbers matching 25hp engine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 911quest; 10-15-2020 at 04:06 PM.
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

Tony ---- This is going to be amazing!!! Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Dielen View Post
    how vintage are we talking here?

While bugs and the like are fine, fun cars, I've done a fair amount of playing with 1st gen water-cooled. Had two 1st gen Sciroccos years ago. Current COVID project is an '81 Rabbit Pickup (aka Caddy) with a '92 GTI 2.0 16v. Still a ways to go yet.

- Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

KG almost finished just need to build the "Okrasa" engine

apologies for rotated images, I loaded them in the correct orientation??

Attachment 538047
    IMG_15741.jpg
    Attachment 538048
    IMG_1577.jpg
    IMG_12591.jpg
    IMG_12071.jpg
    Last edited by 9er; 10-14-2021 at 02:49 PM.

Looking good mate!
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Early Ghias are so nice. Got class....
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Love that lowlight Ghia !!
    Interior is just beautiful
    But man my eye is twitching at the half repaint...I'd have to have it completely done
    Please post more pics; looking forward to that Okrasa motor !