Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Any vintage VWs fans here ?

Yes, this double got rear ended and operated for a few years as a short bus, the dude I bought it from in Salt Lake, had the singlecab bed grafted on. Nice job, ran and drove great! Someone in Oregon heard about it and wanted it more than I did, he drove to Tucson from Oregon coast and dragged it home

My not so vintage 1973 Sportsbug/GSR:

FullSizeRender.jpg
    Mauricio
    Three Pedal Posse
    Member # 1935

1968 Porsche 912-6 TR Tribute
    1968 Porsche 911 L
    1973 VW Sportsbug
    1974 Porsche 911 S
    1991 Porsche 964 Carrera 2 3.8

"if you see a fork in the road, PICK IT UP!"

It's time to say goodbye to my '67 Beetle.

Selling via Bring-a-Trailer, auction ends this coming Tuesday afternoon!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...en-beetle-122/
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

That must be tough. It all started for me with a 67 beetle. Good luck with the sale.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    Here is a coachbuilt car that my daughters boyfriends grandparents owned for close to 50 years. It had a 1300 356 motor in it that seized and they couldn't afford to repair it so it went into their barn. One day my daughters boyfriend told me about this car and said it was a Dannenhauer and Strauss with a Porsche motor. I had never heard of them but asked if I could see it. It was the third of 3 that were built. A true barn find. Here it is today, https://flatsixes.com/cars/porsche-p...-stauss-coupe/
    I love this, particularly the lack of a B pillar making an airy cabin. Handsome simplicity.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Hey Mauricio, I love that GSR...more pics please !

update on post #148
    In the end it didn't happen due to unrealistic expectations on the seller side, so it is still sitting in the same spot today. I've almost given up on it
    -----------

But I got another one, a 1303S -74 and my friend said it was in good condition so I said "buy it". It wasn't that good and had been worked a lot on with the welder, and also repainted in a similar color (why not the right color! ). Ok, as they say 99% rustfree ...which equals just 10kg rust or so. So it was a lot of work.

avspolad.jpg
    when I got it 6 years ago

rostlagad.jpg
    today when the rust issues are fixed, unfortunately after a few years under a tree in my yard. Time doesn't heal everything
    The plan is to get it rollin within a year or two, and use it as a daily driver locally, I'll try to keep this look to start with, and put on a set of Big wheels. Maybe put a bigblock VW-engine in it later just to be able to annoy other shit boxes.
    Light Yellow -74
    @lagteknik

Does this qualify as a vintage VW ?
    My '79 bus, cozy in the garage, waiting for a fresh motor.911 + 2.4 036.jpg