Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Any vintage VWs fans here ?

Thumbs up

Saw this one at a local C&C a few months ago....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Oh yeah, JB... that's the stuff, the details just slay me. Love the dash decal. Should have an addendum to "we die like real men - with our knees crushed under our chins!"

That tire choice on 16"s with the long lugs is perfect. I had seen something similar before but had to hunt it down in our photo files... a Bulli Brigade participant in 2009. Faux 4 x 4:

Bulli Brigade 2009 014 (2).jpg
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Thank you for your kind words Eric, Rick, Russ & Peanut. TBH, I did not realize this truck could drive this nice...it cruises at 65MPH with ease with these truck tires. Of course I need to be on full alert all the time & anticipate my stops even with the front discs...also this thong has Zero aerodynamics & with all the flat side panels & the nose bleed height I better be careful on the Fwy especially on windy days...!

Great lookin' VW's here! Just wrapping up this 59... well that's how it started...
    911S registry #1103
    R-Gruppe #513
    1967 912 converted to 2.2
    Period Dune Buggy

Some drive Porsches' to be seen.....
    I prefer it when nobodys looking.

Man that is so nice Dave ! Those giant metallic flakes look so right on these Buggies. Please make sure to bring ti Easy next month.

Don't think I've EVER seen Pedrini's (EDIT: OR 4-lug Fuchs! Arne, I should always remember the Pedrinis have a bunch of spokes) on a buggy, and they WORK. Great color, too... nice one, Dave!

Dug some old pics out to transfer and found our Scirocco... ahhh, the early '80s...

Binder1_Page_59 (2).jpg
    Last edited by Bullethead; 08-17-2021 at 06:21 PM.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Don't think I've EVER seen Pedrini's on a buggy, and they WORK. Great color, too... nice one, Dave!

Dug some old pics out to transfer and found our Scirocco... ahhh, the the early '80s...
    The wheels on the buggy are actually 914 Fuchs, not Pedrinis.

Yeah, the '80s... Here's mine, bought new in June '81, sold it in '91.

img004.jpg
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Thanks All,

The Fuchs are temporary until my widened smoothies are done (a more period look). I'll be running 4.5's up front with 8 in the rear, powder coated white with chrome moon caps.
    Unfortunately the buggy was painted white when i got it, I stripped it hoping to preserve the gel coat... Yea, that didn't happen. So at some point in the not to distant future it will be painted, same color, or close
    and metal flake... of course. I also need to find a proper exhaust, which has been tough due to the bodywork hanging over the engine.

Joey, as soon as the new wheels are mounted and a decent exhaust is procured, you can bet I'll be at EASY with it!

Dave
    911S registry #1103
    R-Gruppe #513
    1967 912 converted to 2.2
    Period Dune Buggy

Some drive Porsches' to be seen.....
    I prefer it when nobodys looking.

JB,
    Your car is so cool. I put a 1600N Porsche engine in my '57 bug in 1965. The first trip down the freeway made it very apparent that the brakes were not up to the task. Went back to the guy that sold me the motor and bought the whole wrecked car from him to harvest the brakes. Man those brakes were amazing and later i found out why. The master cylinder in the '57 bug was smaller diameter than the Porsche, so I was seeing a higher pressure at the wheel cylinders than the Porsche, but I had to adjust the brakes monthly due to less fluid pushed out by the smaller master. That motor ended up being a 1700 Super with industrial pistons, Super cam and updated carbs with the Super venturies and jets. Also some Koni shocks, hard to find back in the late sixties, and the Porsche wheels and bigger tires. The old crash box trans didn't last long, so we installed a type 3 trans with longer axles and lowered the back end a bit. What a fun car back in the late sixties and early '70's.
    Bob B

Dave, trumpets won't fit?

00-3709-0_3.jpg
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT