Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 1976 911 S with 89 3.2 - new mid year to drive and improve mildly

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Awesome ! Elle est superbe !
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

what rear flares r those?..... I dont recall u saying

in one pic they look ST wide..lol

car is soooo nice

That's a great looking car Bruce. Nicely done. Can you tell me what you went with for tire brand/size? Are those 15X7's front, 15X8's rear, and are front fenders modified from original '76 at all?

Thanks.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimhuiz View Post
    wow...that is tasty. nice work!
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesc_us View Post
    Love it! Nice build.
    Quote Originally Posted by brakekiller View Post
    Awesome ! Elle est superbe !
    Quote Originally Posted by 70tangerine View Post
    what rear flares r those?..... I dont recall u saying

in one pic they look ST wide..lol

car is soooo nice
    Quote Originally Posted by jhg View Post
    That's a great looking car Bruce. Nicely done. Can you tell me what you went with for tire brand/size? Are those 15X7's front, 15X8's rear, and are front fenders modified from original '76 at all?

Thanks.

Jim
    Thanks everyone, I am lucky to have an amazing resource in my hometown of Casper, WY, S and L Classics did the restoration on this one. I brought the 911 in on June 6 or so and they finished it in just over three months. Glasurit paint and Lakewell carpets make the restoration results very nice.

The rear flares are Carrera flares sourced from an 88 Carrera, they came from dc Automotive. No modifications to the front fenders were necessary.

The wheels came from autoclub911 advertised right here on Early S. Great service and products!! They are Fuchs from the early 80s, 7" front and 8" rear. Tires are Sumitomos from tirerack.com, 195 65 15 front and 215 60 15 rear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bdladd; 09-16-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Thanks for the information and inspiration Bruce. Chrome trim/mirrors, euro bumpers, flares, wheels/tires, clean decklid...all so appealing. Was never considering the longhood backdate path with my '77, but your direction has me thinking.

This link to a 1974 Euro spec Carrera at the RM Sotheby's auction from a few years ago was my idea car ...

https://www.rmsothebys.com/en/auctio...-27-mfi/383400

Interesting to see the nice (to my eye) look of black anodized trim with black fuchs on the auction car, and your match of bright trim & RSR fuchs. (Prefer yours FWIW for a bit more of a vintage feel.)

one more from last evening's drive

Looks great!

Newly finished contemporary home and the yellow 911.

76 in October.jpg