Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: this week's car in the rotunda in St James

A little German treat for us members this week

Steve

PS for the eagle eyed that is indeed the real British Grand Prix gold trophy which is owned by the Royal Automobile Club. Perhaps the heard my wife is en route she’s a stickler for tidying, cleaning and polishing things ?

IMG_5980.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 911MRP; 07-20-2023 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Photo rotation

Rare Mercedes from 1970 in the foyer, never sold to public …1800cc 350 HP Wankel

Some context from www

https://youtu.be/jk4H1eV9JuY?si=I17t90hMgNIaOuSf

https://youtu.be/jk4H1eV9JuY?si=I17t90hMgNIaOuSf

Steve
    Last edited by 72targa; 01-04-2024 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Photo rotation

A bit of GP history 1927 Alvis

IMG_0986.jpg

Steve

Popped in to my club today and found this old porsche in foyer — first week of 2024 off to a nice start

Attachment 609441Attachment 609442

1959 Porsche 718 RSK chassis 32.

Steve
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 01-03-2024 at 11:26 AM.

A very modern supercar is this week’s display car on the clubhouse rotunda

Attachment 610889
    Attachment 610892
    Attachment 610893
    Attachment 610890
    Attachment 610891
    IMG_3283.jpg
    IMG_3284.jpg

Think these are around £3m in UK

The British GP trophy on display on cabinet behind that the designer Adrian Newey has contributed to winning many times in his F1 career ( 16 F1 world championships with three different teams so far) seems an apt backdrop

I was at a motorsport industry event a year or two back on the wing at Silverstone listening to a speaker from McLaren when there was a car circulating loudly around the track. Assumed it was a McLaren automotive car lapping for effect but went to the balcony to see one of these circulating. The Aston Martin F1 team is based at Silverstone in Northamptonshire so perhaps not a surprise what ie was but amusing that with the timing it was drowning out a competitors speech!

IMG_3286.jpg

Steve

PS No idea why photos post sideways
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 01-23-2024 at 07:59 AM.

Interesting that it's a Guernsey-registration ... can't see it getting stretched much on the roads there ... ha ha!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

The Bailiwick of Gurnsey unlikely to be too taxing a place for man or machine. I would have thought another self-governing British Crown dependency the Isle of Man with no speed limits and bigger area might’ve permitted it to stretch its legs — bikers seem to like the IoM to test their mettle!

There aren’t many — it is not David Coulthard’s car. Seen here being driven Monaco which which I know from many a visit is not a place to stretch it either https://youtu.be/Ko7Zd-o5JkY
    Think Coulthard's car was sold by my neighbour performance car dealer Joe Macari who had it on show at the his smart business premises just a mile or so away.

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 01-23-2024 at 06:16 PM.