Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: 370-380mm stacked MoMo Elite Wheel

WTB: 370-380mm stacked MoMo Elite Wheel

As stated above, looking for the above wheel (flat with silver spokes) with patina for an unique hotrod project I’m working on.

Actually, I don’t need the stacked horn button, or any horn button for that matter as I already have one.
    Last edited by nvr2mny; 05-26-2018 at 09:40 AM.

I am not sure if that wouldn't be an elite but a Monza.

This wheel..
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Elite is engraved. I’m not sure I’d trust that one with the decal. MM or Robi would know better than I though about whether there was a later, non-engraved Elite.

Real Elites don’t come up often, and usually are pretty expensive. If you don’t mind my asking, why not a Monza? Is it the unobtanium nature of an Elite? Are you okay paying $1,750-$2,000? That’s I believe the market right now, especially for 370mm or 380mm.

There is a 'decal' version of the elite, yes. The only thing i'm not sure of is if it was also made in 370-380mm. Mark? The first generation obviously was but indeed, it's hard to hunt down one of these suckers. I would figure that for most enthusiasts it wouldn't matter that much but if you're anything like me, you can get pretty picky about the model inscription on the front. But i've learned now, there's only a handfull of our species. Ok, perhaps two hands full... On the other hand, what early 370-380mm momo doesn't come in that price range nowadays? In addition, the hunt is often times more fun than the catch, isn't it? ;-)
    Click to see my momo collection --> For those interested in my steering wheel collection, feel free to have a look

Quote Originally Posted by ibmiked View Post
    My Elite is engraved. I’m not sure I’d trust that one with the decal. MM or Robi would know better than I though about whether there was a later, non-engraved Elite.

Real Elites don’t come up often, and usually are pretty expensive. If you don’t mind my asking, why not a Monza? Is it the unobtanium nature of an Elite? Are you okay paying $1,750-$2,000? That’s I believe the market right now, especially for 370mm or 380mm.
    ibmiked,

The pic I posted isn’t all that great. I believe it to be an engraved orig. Currently it’s on eBay at 3200.00 Way overpriced imho especially since it’s an 350mm. There is a 370 on eBay that Robi forwarded to me for 2k but the leather is a bit to rough (battle worn) for me. I want ‘patina’ and certainly don’t want to recover.

Yes, it’s the “unobtanium nature” of the the Elite I’m drawn to. I’m ok paying a fair price based on the condition. I have a general idea of the current values and believe them to be in the range you listed. You considering parting with yours?

Quote Originally Posted by nvr2mny View Post
    The pic I posted isn’t all that great. I believe it to be an engraved orig.
    Doug, the pic is clear enough actually. It's not an engraved wheel like the one i've sent earlier. The ones with this sort of decal is what often times is referred to as a 'second generation' of a particular type. Most early wheels have them: the prototipo, the monza, the le mans, the elite... ;-)
    Click to see my momo collection --> For those interested in my steering wheel collection, feel free to have a look

Thanks for the pics and education.

I do have a silver Elite, but it’s in my car as it’s my favorite wheel, so I understand your obsession about locating one. I do have a black 380mm Elite too, but that’s not what you asked for, and even rarer I fear anyway.

Have you thought about trying to locate a silver Formula 1? There are a few of those that come up from time to time and they’re rarer than a Monza but not as hard to find as an Elite so it might be enough to hold you over. Just a thought.

ibmiked,

Time to swap that ‘oh so common’ silver for that ‘very rare black’ Elite! I’ll do you a favor and take that ‘ol silver one off your hands

I’m kinda set on finding the elite, for now....