Thread: Hella TTG and Fog light package

Hella TTG and Fog light package

I have decided to not put TTG driving lights on the Targa. After talking to the sons of the first owner and receiving an old polaroid it was clear that the car never had any.
    Since I have some sort of lights fettish I had tucked away two sets of lights (TTG and TTB) for the targa, that I will sell off to keep the clean look on the car.
    This TTG set will be sold as a set only, wich would set you back about 1000 if you would have to source it yourself excluding shipping.

- Hella TTG Drivinglights four rivets (aftermarket), NOS cases/rings and inserst with very early logo on lens (replica's retail for $350, difficult to put a value on these)
    - Replica Hella Covers (retail for $50)
    - NOS Hella rear foglight ($200)
    - NOS 2 way foglight switch ($150)
    - AF TTG Horn Grills ($250)
    - SMC Brackets to mount the lights ($50)

I will let this go for $900 shipped

The TTG light are replica's that are easy to get are of very high quality that are very hard to distinguish from the originals.....exept for the lenses, they have the modern Hella logo with the double oval. I put this set together when there were no replica's available and have sold many TTG lights over here in the past. I kept the best set for my own Targa project that has been running for many years now and still is not finished. The set comes with black vynil covers that were made by Auto Foreign, out of the first batch many years ago, with a white hella logo, replicated from originals back in the day. The chrome horn grilles are also from Auto Foreign and they are unused, they have only been out of the package to test if my body guy did the alignment of the front of my car correctly. The brackets to mount them are there too, they are from sierra madre collection.
    I also have a rear foglight that is NOS, in the original box. To be able to use both the rear fog and the front drivinglights independantly from eachother, Porsche made a specific switch that can be pulled out and turned independantly. The swith is an item used on 911 and 914 with the only difference in the bezel, so I bought a NOS 914 one and aquired a replica aluminum bezel from a boardmember that is sanded and polished to get the chrome apearance. Finding an original chromed bezel turned out te be impossible, because they are specific to these switches.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    =========================================
    2.4T 1972 Targa - Tangerine German Delivery Ölklappe
    2.4T 1973 Coupe - Golden Green 911ST with 2.8 MFI TwinPlug
    1.7 1970 914-4 - Hell Elfenbein Weiss to be Sonauto GT with a Six
    Looking for engine #6522576
    Rgruppe #674

Reduced to $850 shipped
    Rgruppe #674

Taking off another $50, now $800, that is a bargain for this set.
    Rgruppe #674

Let’s bump
    Rgruppe #674

Alex, looking at the switch you supplied with my TTB set from another thread; how does it get illumination? I know the earlier 911 switch has a luminous rod this one does not!
    Thanks again, cliff

Correct,
    This one has a small bulb that is placed in the knob.
    The knob is 2 parts, the cap with ribbs can be screwed of and then you will see the small bulb.
    Rgruppe #674

Okay! A more modern approach.
    Thanks, Alex