Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body Repair and Restoration Shop in Northeast Reccomendations

Body Repair and Restoration Shop in Northeast Reccomendations

Hi Folks,

I’m looking for recommendations and possible referrals for a reputable shop in the Northeast (I’m located in Portland, Maine) for some rust repair and a bare shell repaint on my 71’T. I would like to find somewhere experienced with classic 911s and are capable of replacing the front suspension pan, right rear torsion bar area, and the rust in usual places (pedal cluster area, door jambs, rear window corners, etc.) My goal is to get the body back to 100% steel! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Oliver

member #1515
    For that work to be done best on a Celette jig.
    Try David Liam in NY area.
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...air-bench.html
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Another recommendation for David. Great to work with and knows his stuff.
    69 911S #1379
    65 356 SC #130757

See updated post #9 regarding Gary Cove and Werke Classic -- paint looked good when I went to take it home, but days after started to peel in sheets. Had to have all the paint removed. Bad experience!! Beware
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by John912; 09-02-2021 at 03:59 AM.
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Quote Originally Posted by John912 View Post
    I strongly recommend Gary Cove just outside Springfield Mass. Excellent paint and body work from someone who specializes in P cars. Visit his shop and you'll know what I mean. He's doing my 65 Bali Blue 911 in single-stage Glasurit

Werke Classic
    2421 Boston Rd
    Wilbraham, Ma 01095

werkeclassic@gmail.com
    I'm with you on the Cove part, but my car is with the son, not the Father. Brandon is doing excellent work on my Roadster at the moment. Different shop, same town.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

I strongly recommend Gary Cove just outside Springfield Mass. Excellent paint and body work from someone who specializes in P cars. Visit his shop and you'll know what I mean. He's doing my 65 Bali Blue 911 in single-stage Glasurit

Werke Classic
    2421 Boston Rd
    Wilbraham, Ma 01095

werkeclassic@gmail.com
    John, how did you car come out? My Roadster came out great!

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by OCG911T View Post
    Hi Folks,

I’m looking for recommendations and possible referrals for a reputable shop in the Northeast (I’m located in Portland, Maine) for some rust repair and a bare shell repaint on my 71’T. I would like to find somewhere experienced with classic 911s and are capable of replacing the front suspension pan, right rear torsion bar area, and the rust in usual places (pedal cluster area, door jambs, rear window corners, etc.) My goal is to get the body back to 100% steel! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Oliver
    If you want top quality, consider Automobile Associates in Canton, CT.
    They have done a number of cars for me and I continue to be impressed with the quality of work and attention to detail - in some cases, even decades later...

https://automobileassociates.com

Werke Classic
    2421 Boston Rd
    Wilbraham, Ma 01095

werkeclassic@gmail.com
    I want to update this post. Now that the car is finished I take back everything I said above. PM me For the gory details. Spoiler alert: they’re not pretty
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

I'll second and third Auto Associates, though perhaps not too strongly as I still need a ton of work done. They are great. As below, they did quite a bit of work on my front-end during the pandemic.

Before...

Name:  4-10-20 035.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  96.2 KB

After...

Name:  4-24-20 266.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  62.6 KB
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 T Targa "Rick White"
    '71 911 E "Karen"