Thread: 913? VW fastback crossed with a 912....

913? VW fastback crossed with a 912....

xxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Soterik; 07-29-2018 at 08:25 PM.

That is cool.

Inspirational. There are plenty of VW customs around but it's rare to see such a unique vision.

For sure it took some impressive metalwork. Looks like he took a squareback and grafted on a 912 roof, front hood and doors.
    All the proportions look great except the nose... that could have been resolved more successfully by rolling the nose a bit.
    The rear fender vent placement looks to be stock VW, and really appreciate the integrated stock crease to the 912 doors.
    Also cool that he went with sugarscoops instead of the more typical covered lights usually seen on many VW customs.

The guy is Red Hot, cartoonist and illustrator for Street VW's but unfortunately no details of this build on his site.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    I guess I would like to see it with a set of 65-67 euro lights to see how the fender line looks with that type of sloped light. Similarly I would like to see it with the 62-63 rear tail light lens which also slopes rather than being squared off. I'm sure he tried them.....
    Agreed on the headlights, even if fairly common. I'd prefer earlier tail lights, they have a neat curve at the top with simple chrome trim. Stock bullet turn signals up front would be an improvement too. Cool thing is he started with just about the cheapest old VW you can get. Wonder what you'd get if you crossed a Karmann Ghia with a Squareback?
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post

For sure it took some impressive metalwork. Looks like he took a squareback and grafted on a 912 roof, front hood and doors.
    To me it looks like he started with a 68 912 and added the VW body parts...

raising the front bumper a little may help break up that space...Agree...It does have P1800 overtones