Thread: Wiper and turn signal issue....totally puzzled

Wiper and turn signal issue....totally puzzled

Hi Guys,

I nearly finished with the restoration of my 69 targa. I have a problem which I cannot figure out. Searched the forum and looked at the wiring diagrams. My wiper and turn signal work fine....they all stop working when the lever is in 'neutral'.

My problem is: they also work with the ignition off. My other 911's (70 and 72) don't do this. After turning the ignition off the wiper goes into parking mode. On my 69 is does also go into parking mode with the lever in neutral, but as soon as you activate the lever (ignition off) is starts moving again.

I am aware that there is permanent 12V going to the motor for parking mode, but am I missing something here?? Wipers should not be able to be activated with the ignition off, right??

Any thoughts what could cause this. If I study the wiring diagram it looks to me as if they work as supposed to, but I can't remember that they worked like this.

Thanks, frank

Can you change the power source at the fuse panel ?
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your suggestion!! That's just what I thought after a good night of sleep. I will try this and let you know.

Looking at the wiring diagram I connected everything correctly (I guess). But this isn't the way it is supposed to work right? Perhaps it has to do with the fact that this is a USA car and not a EU car. Therefore perhaps this car came with alarm lights......