Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longer seat mount allen head screws?

Longer seat mount allen head screws?

I know that the normal Allen head screws for seat mounting, part # 900.119.042.02, are 6mmX15mm. Does anyone know of a source for slightly longer screws? I bought a cup holder that fits between the base and the rail, but when I put it there, the screws don't quite catch. Any help is much appreciated...thanks.
    Serge

City of Ben Franklin and Cheesesteaks
    Instagram: Truevisionmediaworks

Early S Registry #2457
    Daisy: 1972 T with 2.7 engine and Webers
    LOOKING FOR 911 Engine # 6123044

Rowlf: 2017 Volvo S60 with Polestar Optimization

Mostro di Biscotti: 1975 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Series 2

Veronica: 1987 Carrera coupe - curves in all the right places...SOLD
    Lil' Blue: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon SOLD

McMaster Carr, hopefully link below will work. thet have an amazing amount of stuff for us working on projects, their search function works great. you can call and do a ccard order and most ships same day up till an order time of about 6pm or later.

Thanks for the wheel!!

https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-s...crews/=1e0fnbx

Well got close, click metric on left, and low head socket head cap screws, their M6 is available in 2mm increments on Length from 14 - 20mm full threaded then 25
    box of 50 for less than $10

Regards

Serge -

The screws you want for that are DIN 6912, low head socket cap screws. Full height head ones interfere with sliding the seat fore and aft. Also, they have a short shoulder right where shear strength is needed in case of an accident. Metric Multistandard has them.

Both Ace and True Value Hardware stores have a wide range of M6 fasteners. Go shopping locally and you should find something that works.

Longer allen screws for seat mount.

Just a word of caution....don't choose too long screws thinking it doesn't matter...it does, fuel lines are just below and if they get punctured...you can imagine the rest....ask me how I know......
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Thanks for all the replies; I'll get something this week.
    Serge

City of Ben Franklin and Cheesesteaks
    Instagram: Truevisionmediaworks

Early S Registry #2457
    Daisy: 1972 T with 2.7 engine and Webers
    LOOKING FOR 911 Engine # 6123044

Rowlf: 2017 Volvo S60 with Polestar Optimization

Mostro di Biscotti: 1975 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Series 2

Veronica: 1987 Carrera coupe - curves in all the right places...SOLD
    Lil' Blue: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by larwik View Post
    Just a word of caution....don't choose too long screws thinking it doesn't matter...it does, fuel lines are just below and if they get punctured...you can imagine the rest....ask me how I know......
    You too Lars? Well, that makes me feel better! Yes, watch out for screws that might be too long for that exact reason. The fuel lines are made of a very soft metal and a longer bolt will thread right into the line.
    '67 911S
    '69 911S
    '70 911ST
    '73 911T Targa Signal Yellow
    '78 911SC backdate EFI 3.4 turbo
    '11 Spyder
    Early S#1097, R-gruppe #

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by larwik View Post
    THIS! Jeff Trask warned me about this one when i went to install my nurburgring seats and added a spacer to lift it higher. i just went to the hardware store and bought 6mm allen head screws. I took the old screw to get the right thread pitch, and then took the spacer or adapter to measure the additional length i needed. I made sure i had the same length of thread going back in (even if i needed to double up on a washer).
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

From my experiences factory seat hardware is grade 10.9 . Good luck finding that at your local Ace Hardware .

Richy...Looks like you are in SoCal?...head over to "Culver Hardware" in Culver City....they have metric(or at least had) them in Stainless...or find an "old-school" hardware store with gazzilion small drawers...not many left but if the attendant has 4 pens in his shirt pocket protector, it's a good sign... ...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314