Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: @BaT - 71T targa, dad imported it

FS: @BaT - 71T targa, dad imported it

Not mine, but my dad did sell this car new, and I've got a ton of original documentation on it. I'm not interested as I already have one of my dads cars that still needs a restoration (68L with rally options):

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-911t-targa-7/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Documentation re-loaded for me by Doug in a below post. Thanks Doug!

E
    Last edited by Soterik; 08-04-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Previous Post:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post983247
    ----------------------------------
    Bring-a-Trailer Website Auction
    1970 Porsche 2.2L 911T Targa, Lot 11391
    VIN: 9110111786
    Engine: 6102576
    Trans: 7000511
    Color: Black/Black Leatherette
    Mileage: 40,771 (indicated)
    Auction Estimate: -
    Sold for: US$48,888 (08/06/18)

70 Targa.jpg

70 Targa 2.jpg

70 Targa 3.jpg

70 Targa 4.jpg

70 Targa 5.jpg

70 Targa 6.jpg

70 Targa 7.jpg
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 08-06-2018 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Added sold for price.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Thanks Doug!! Appreciate the help...

When new in front of my dad's office. Note the "Auto Foreign Services" lettering on the window behind the car.

The car was ordered with both below bumper fogs, and horn grill driving lights.... "let there be light!"

I just caught something in the paperwork. Looks like the buyer, Bill, originally ordered a 69 912 (2nd document up from bottom) and I didn't catch that. That car was cancelled and the 70T was ordered instead. I think I have the worksheet for the 70T, I'll post that at a later time as I'm not at my office. However, at least that documents the cost(s) of what a 69 912 would have been through my dad's business.

e

I'm somewhat surprised this car hasn't gotten more attention on BaT. Not common equipment or color.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

A black Porsche from this era is sort of rare.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Here's another picture from when the car was new, possibly taken the same day given the same color shirt.

Note the Dutch plate, it matches the paperwork. Also note that in the paperwork it shows Bills age and career. Wonder how many 30 year olds employed as a teacher were able to buy a new special order Porsche back in the day!

Anybody let Mr. Anderson know his car is up for sale. A couple listed at age 78 in the Washington, California area. Would have just turned 79. Somebody with a better search function could probably narrow it down.

Quote Originally Posted by doigthom View Post
    Anybody let Mr. Anderson know his car is up for sale. A couple listed at age 78 in the Washington, California area. Would have just turned 79. Somebody with a better search function could probably narrow it down.
    I've tried to contact him, I have his number. No reply yet, according to the seller the last time he spoke with Bill he wasn't doing to well...