Thread: Rennsport Coral

Rennsport Coral

I just noticed that the Coral at Rennsport is closed. I am planning to bring out my 67 911S hot rod to Pebble Beach car week then store it there until Rennsport. It didn't occur to me that the coral had a limit on the cars it would let in. Anyone know a way to get in still? It may not make sense to bring the car out at all. Especially at a transport premium because every transport company are booked up.

Send me an email if you have a lead on this. (mmadsen@designerwoods.com)

Thanks,
    Mark
    DD: 2008 Aston Matin V8 Vantage (manual)
    Wife's: 2020 Cayenne (white - black/red)
    2008 Porsche GT3-RS (modified)
    1978 Porsche 930 (heavily modified)
    1967 Porsche 911S outlaw (sold)

I have a similar question, but the other way around.

I have a corral pass for my 964, but am not bringing the car now. Wonder how to "return" it so someone else can use it. It is my understanding they are year/model specific?

R.
    Last edited by Super90; 08-15-2018 at 07:05 AM.
    Robert Callaway | 1970 T Coupe | 1990 C2 Coupe | PCA | Early S | R Gruppe

At the last Rennsport they grouped cars based on model (and sort of by year) - i.e. All GT3s or all 356 etc. But, from what I experienced, as long as you had a corral pass you were able to park with your "group" even if you didn't have the right pass for your model. I wouldn't bet on it, but they seem to be pretty understanding that your 356 may be in the shop so you brought your 964. This has also been the case at Laguna Seca with Corrals in general - I'm not suggesting anyone abuse the flaws in the system - but I think there will be some flexibility at the event (I am hoping so because I may have technical issue that requires me to switch cars last minute!). Also - at the last 2 RR the "regular parking lots" had loads of cars that belonged in the corrals and they seemed to be fine where they were. It is similar to Luftgekuhlt - the parking lots are worth the walk to see what's in there.

I am talking to the track. They are toeing the line. Year and model specific. Your experience may vary at arrival.

By the way, tickets and passes still have not been mailed out. They anticipate mail out in the next 2-3 weeks.
    Robert Callaway | 1970 T Coupe | 1990 C2 Coupe | PCA | Early S | R Gruppe