Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine hinge loom clips.

Engine hinge loom clips.

I hear the clips that hold the number plate light loom to the hinge from Porsche are nothing like the originals. Does anyone have a source for an alternative, or a part number for the correct looking clips. ?

Thanks

Dave

Nothing on a source for the clips. but from some dim recess I seem to remember the the loom placement differed between Porsche and Karmann bodies. Does anyone else recall this observation?

I ordered that part number from Porsche years ago,,,,,what I got were ty-wraps,,,,,which is what that number superseded to. As far as I know you have to gather up old ones, don't know where they (Porsche) sourced them from in period.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I believe Bel-metric had them in various sizes. You may want to try them, I love their offerings and service.
    1969 911 E #824

I too love Bel-Metric but don't see them offered there. AASE does have them..just checked...$1.00 each. 912/911/930 - electrical - search 'clip' and they will come up.

I think maybe they did come from Aase, thanks for the correction, but Bel-metric is a keeper of a source!
    1969 911 E #824

Anyone be kind enough to post a picture of a loose clip. Mine are missing, so i have no clue what an original looks like. Hoping to source something closer to the queens house my side of the pond.

Thanks
    Dave

December, 1968 build, Karmann Coupe:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Many thanks. Anyone got a loose one off the car. Gotta be from the VW parts bin.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    I hear the clips that hold the number plate light loom to the hinge from Porsche are nothing like the originals. Does anyone have a source for an alternative, or a part number for the correct looking clips. ?

Thanks

Dave
    Any Porsche dismantler should have 100s of those...same Karmann, Reutter/Porsche.
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series