Thread: In doubt - Recaro LXA or LSC

In doubt - Recaro LXA or LSC

Help,

what seats would you buy for a 73 targa if you had to choose between the Recaro LX with A base
    or the Recaro LS with C base?

I would opt for the recaro LX because it's more slim and more period looking?

I always tought about the LS as a typical 80's seat, but then I found a picture of them with pepita inserts..

Name:  IMG_01831325351358.jpg
Views: 1577
Size:  85.8 KB

To make the decision harder, I already have a pair of core LSC's in my garage..

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

What's the difference between heroin addiction & P-Car projects? Heroin use has it's limits.

Banned
    Like asking a bunch of lions where you can find a good salad.
    This community is more likely to advise installing period correct sport seats.

Probably best to seek counsel from pelican miscreants or a drift forum.

Dear Frank,

I was thinking of that too,
    but since the Recaro Idealsitz was introduced in 1973, it is in fact period correct..
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

What's the difference between heroin addiction & P-Car projects? Heroin use has it's limits.

Find some early LS models. They are extremely comfortable and offer much better bolstering than the seats in your photo. Early LS models would be period correct for the mid 70's so you aren't far off. That being said, I recently removed some nice LS seats from my 73 targa in favor of some sport seats. However, the LS seats were MUCH more comfortable!
    '67 911S
    '69 911S
    '70 911ST
    '73 911T Targa Signal Yellow
    '78 911SC backdate EFI 3.4 turbo
    '11 Spyder
    Early S#1097, R-gruppe #

member #1515
    Being comfortable and well secured in your seat is a basic requirement to being a good, safe, driver.
    The original sport seats in my car were literally a form of Chinese torture, although they did look good. The aftermarket Recaros you show are MUCH more comfortable and supportive.
    I put a similar model in my car back around '81, had them recovered in leather by Tony ten years ago, they sure look nice in pepita.
    They are also about 30lbs lighter than the original sport seats.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Thanks!

Yes, It's going to be a drivers car, so both trackdays and 18h driving trips to France or Italy

Do you have some pictures of your Targa?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellraiser View Post
    since the Recaro Idealsitz was introduced in 1973, it is in fact period correct..
    Nope. Sorry to say that the term/Model designation "Idealsitz" was introduced long before 73 - in fact the aftermarket early "Sport seat" was already called Idealsitz.
    Your Idealsitz was introduced later than 73 looking at the pic it it is the 2nd or 3rd generation .
    Hinges Boulsters upper Edges Headrest are the clues.
    The really early "new Look" Idealsitz (L/N/LS) are a really rare bird. Rear release still at the hinge.

Thanks uai,
    took this link as a guideline: https://www.recaro-automotive.com/en...alseat-ls.html

The ones I have in my garage are late 70's/early 80's I think

Name:  20180401_140202.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  95.2 KB

member #1515
    These have adjustable lumbar, side bolster and shoulder support. Driver has stereophonic headrest, never connected.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by Hellraiser View Post
    Thanks uai,
    took this link as a guideline: https://www.recaro-automotive.com/en...alseat-ls.html
    Yes they even write it here https://www.recaro-automotive.com/de...65-s-sitz.html
    Wenige Jahre nach der Markteinführung wurde der RECARO Sportsitz in „Idealsitz” Shortly after introduction the seat got renamed "idealsitz" ..