Thread: 1968 Blaupunkt New Yorker - $500 shipped

1968 Blaupunkt New Yorker - $500 shipped

Hi Folks,

Hopefully this is the right spot for this radio. I bought it for my BMW-friend Paul’s 3.0CS. We were a bit worried about fitment with the early style power pack. So I found him a Frankfurt and all is well in the world. I’m listing it here as the period is very 911 friendly, a bit too old for my ‘71 e9 and most of
    my fellow enthusiasts have a mid 70’s car.

I have tested the radio, including AM/FM and SW. The radio functions well. I can text you a video of music playing on it if desired. The face plate is solid metal and not flimsy. The radio has the supplementary power pack which was standard for this era. The radio is mono with an option to power two speakers. I have the factory pigtail for the speakers also.

I did quite a bit of research before posting this. The New Yorker was the top of the line radio. They have sold on this site and ebay for similar or higher price point untested.

The one “flaw” is that the buttons are no longer chrome. The chrome was flaking so I removed it and cleaned up the buttons. As you can see - they look great! The AM/FM/SW is molded into the buttons so the lettering was not affected.

I’ve lurked here for a long time but don’t post. Under the same username, I am an avid user and staff member of www.e9coupe.com and have been a member of www.vwvortex.com for 22 years. If you need references please let me know! I’m asking $500 shipped flat rate to the US. I’ll ship it overseas as well but it will be about another $25i-$30.

Some of the pics below were from when I had my BMW knobs on it for my friend (not included). I put standard knobs back on the radio, as seen below.

39F63B6C-AF7F-4067-B234-52DA3DC51D02.jpg
    2FC49435-D0EC-4310-B967-CB5B0CF29E0C.jpg
    9AB77DEC-3E87-4357-9CB4-3FCB0655F9A6.jpg
    5B5716C0-67FD-419F-A803-0478D71DECF1.jpg
    E13713F1-CF2C-49ED-839B-D03DF9A130CF.jpg
    386E7592-389B-47AB-B9AA-C237AB7837C8.jpg

A free bump for Markos, he is a very trustworthy person.

Post holiday bump!

Sold Thanks!