Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: @porsport - 1968 911 Sunroof 15,000 Mile Time Capsule

FS: @porsport - 1968 911 Sunroof 15,000 Mile Time Capsule

Please see the site for this very interesting old 911. Asking $135,000 Negotiable.

http://www.porsport.com/1968_911_time_capsule

GLWTS - Worth a picture or two for the record of this unique find:

68 1.jpg

68 2.jpg

68 3.jpg

68 4.jpg

68 5.jpg

68 6.jpg

Porsport Description:

Just pulled from a New York garage where this Sunroof coupe was parked in the early 1970s. There is a newspaper left in the back seat dated 1971. The last registration is dated 1973. The odometer reads 15,479 miles. The interior shows little signs of wear and is truly in amazing original condition. Even the elastic on the door pockets still hold. Dash, visors, and instruments are exceptional. Glass and aluminum window trim are unscratched and as near perfect. The body is arrow straight with perfect gaps. Unfortunately the original paint did not fair as well during storage. There are no rust or rot issues apart from the visible surface rust shown. The car is completely original and untouched throughout having been stored and forgotten for nearly 5 decades. Options include a sunroof, through the grill fog lights, sway bars, leather steering wheel, and Fuchs wheels. The car sits on the original tires! This Porsche presents a unique opportunity to clean, recommission and enjoy with the original patina or sympathetically restore the appearance to match the miles. I purchased this great Eleven from the original owner's estate. As such there is no original paperwork. Car will be sold on a bill of sale.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Wow what an amazing find!

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    I would keep the body as it is, sorting engine/trans/electricity and drive it. Very nice indeed.
    Last edited by Xavier PJB; 09-02-2018 at 11:16 PM.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

VIN = 11830441
    Eng# = ?
    Trans# = ?
    Prod# = ?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LongRanger; 09-02-2018 at 11:19 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by brakekiller View Post
    I would keep the body as it is, sorting engine/trans/electricity and drive it. Very nice indeed.
    1+...............

Banned
    Nice find Don.
    Very cool.

Thanks for the good words. It is a really cool car. There were two Triumph motorcycles as well from the same year also time warped. Strange story how they were hidden away. Anyway I am negotiable on price so if anyone has an interest please give me a ring. Thank you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennman View Post
    There were two Triumph motorcycles as well from the same year also time warped. Strange story how they were hidden away.
    If one of them is a Tiger Cub... I'm a buyer.

That was my first "real" motorcycle as a kid.

They are two identical 1968 Triumph Tiger Daytonas with 3,000 original miles stored as long as the 911. They will be sold as a pair only. I will have them on the market shortly. Thanks.