Thread: Differences between glove box inserts

Differences between glove box inserts

Hi,

Does anyone know if the early glove box inserts are compatible? I am wondering if I can replace my missing '72 one with an earlier model for sale. I understand they have different part numbers, but maybe it's just necessary to cut out the square for the lock. Here is a photo of the part for sale, I figure it's 96455250100 (->71)

Thanks for any help!

Name:  IMG_0729.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  106.1 KB
    ____o0o____

1972 Targa 911S (one day), silver gray (maybe), member 3337

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Glove box with blue tape (marking larger cut out) is early cars, not sure how early, but when lock is not centered. Small cut out would include 73 with lock centered in glove box door. G. PS you can see imprint of early cut out.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Great distinction and a question I had myself.

Does anyone have the part number handy for the insert for a glove box without a centered lock?

Thanks! From the picture, it does look like the cut-out is the only difference between the early models. This makes sense to me since the position of the lock was moving around at the time (but what do I know).

My preference would go for a carefully-cut older original insert in good shape than a reproduction, but extra advice is always welcome!
    ____o0o____

1972 Targa 911S (one day), silver gray (maybe), member 3337