Thread: '73S injection pump rebuild

'73S injection pump rebuild

I'm nearing the completion of the restoration of my 1973 911S Targa. As part of that, I set the fuel injection pump and injectors to Gus at Pacific Fuel Injection 10 months ago. Multiple messages left on the answering machine the past month with no response. I know Gus had heart surgery last spring, but I thought he had recovered well and was back to work.

Any advice on contacting Gus? I really need that pump and the injectors back.

Thanks,
    Bob

I just received, last week, a 005 pump I sent him in Jan. Keep calling, he is working.

Thanks. That's encouraging. I'll keep calling.

Come on Bob, no pictures? We need pictures!

A nicely dialed in MFI sure beats carbs any day!
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

OK Neil, I'll try. One photo is the car as I purchased it 10 months ago; second photo is at the body shop last week. Car is numbers matching, and will go back to stock as original.

Thanks,
    BobName:  3.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  89.1 KBName:  IMG_0322.JPG
Views: 194
Size:  102.8 KB

Wow, from a targa to a coupe? Mad skills
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Not quite. Picked the wrong photo; that's my 73.5 911T.

Obviously time for more coffee...………….

I was wondering how you go from targa to coupe while keeping it original. Show us pictures from both!
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

The 73.5 T is back from paint/body about 2 weeks. Starting reassembly; engine/transmission are ready. Car will go back to "as original" including the 2.4 CIS.

The 73 S Targa just went through medial blasting and is at paint/body shop. Hope to have it back in about 3 months (about when I will finish the 73.5 T). Car will go back to original except engine. When I got the car, the previous owner (Heinz Bade, a long time Porsche mechanic, and original owner of car) had planned to redo the engine as a 2.7RS, and had all the parts to do this. So the engine will be a 2.7. Thus the worry about the injector pump with Gus.

Thanks,
    BobName:  DSCN7594.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  136.4 KBName:  DSCN7596.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  119.4 KBName:  DSCN7599.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  87.1 KBName:  IMG_0329.JPG
Views: 151
Size:  113.9 KBName:  IMG_0356.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  100.3 KBName:  IMG_0357.JPG