Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1970 T fresh ventilation drain via smugglers box

1970 T fresh ventilation drain via smugglers box

Hello All,

Please can anyone post a picture a "unmolested" drain line inside the smugglers box that leads from the fresh air ventilation blower down through the bottom of the smuggler's box to the outside.
    Is it metal? Or is it a rubber line?
    Its a 1970 911T
    Searched for a definitive picture of this area and found only one (maybe).
    My car had air conditioning installed and the metal drain line leading from the top of the smugglers box has been cut off (I think).
    Please a unmolested picture of this would be fantastic help.
    Thanks to all,
    JimK

The pipe in the smugglers box is steel and welded to the chassis. There is a small piece of rubber hose that is held on the end of the blower box with a yellow plated spring clip. The hose then drops inside the steel pipe. I waxed inside the steel pipe for added protection. This is the only picture i have to hand from my 70 ST build. I used a piece of bicycle inner tube for mine.

Dave

Name:  IMG_1688.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  89.5 KB

Mine is all metal. I didn't look inside for the rubber tube.

This is from a 70T.

I didn't realize how dirty it was in there. Now I have a job this weekend :-)

eric

the plastic(not rubber ) line is a 74-thing

The tube is indeed all Metal. My car was a barn find, last on the road in 1982. Piece on the Base of my blower box was Rubber hose like tube. Then again, it also had a 69 dash top.

Thanks for the pictures but.....
    How about one showing how the tube is routed just below the fresh air box.
    It’s just out of view under the lid
    Thank you, thank you

When you put your ventilation unit in, the holes should line up with a little foam packing on the backside of the unit. No routing required.

I was not completely clear about the additional picture. Yes, the rubber tube lines up nicely with the metal tube as it exits the “roof” of the smugglers box. But what does it do next. Mine goes straight down for 2” and then turns approximately 45 degrees towards front of car. It’s a welded elbow. It then ends 2” past the elbow. A rubber hose then exits out to the right fender well. So the problem, I would like to understand what happens just below the rubber adapter tube from the fresh air ventilation box.
    Thanks for all and any knowledge passed on

Quote Originally Posted by indescikov View Post
    I was not completely clear about the additional picture. Yes, the rubber tube lines up nicely with the metal tube as it exits the “roof” of the smugglers box. But what does it do next. Mine goes straight down for 2” and then turns approximately 45 degrees towards front of car. It’s a welded elbow. It then ends 2” past the elbow. A rubber hose then exits out to the right fender well. So the problem, I would like to understand what happens just below the rubber adapter tube from the fresh air ventilation box.
    Thanks for all and any knowledge passed on
    you have a pic of this prototype

Yes, a picture of yours would be handy. From your description it sounds like it has been cut away.

It should be a one piece solid pipe as seen in post 3.