Thread: P O R S C H E letter spacing on engine lid

P O R S C H E letter spacing on engine lid

I have a GRP engine hood so have no holes for the metal Porsche script I want to fit. Can someone run a tape over their hood and let me know the total length of the script from the left edge of the letter P to the tip end of the the E far right.
    This is the metal letters on a 1970 car if it’s different on a later series?

I also need the height either up from the lower edge of the lid or down from the grill opening.
    I can then I hope work out the individual spacing to be even and then the holes for each letter.
    Thanks
    Michael

this is a much harder project than you may think. At least it was for me, but I am no craftsman.The deck lid is curved and there is no good straight line to act as a beginning point. There is, however, folks who have done this before successfully using a template that is explained somewhere on this site. Do a search and you should find the thread. Hope this helps.
    Karla

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    You need a paper template - the bottom of which aligns with the trailing edge of your engine lid. Holes punched where the badge pins fit, and simply transfer these to your lid for drilling.
    I can do this for you tomorrow if you need, but postage from New Zealand may take a few days. Do you have someone local who can do this for you? (Obviously they need to have a lid without the lettering currently attached.
    Let me know.
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306