Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FS: @BaT - '70 'T' Coupe . . .

Can someone tell me whats correct or not correct? Is it just the decal?
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

Banned
    Simon,
    Look at the far left sticker indentation. The triangle shape should mimic the far right side.

Mark,
    I have mixed emotions on minutia like this. From a purist point of view I totally get it but I agree with you; I think the current early Porsche culture has become wound too tight and care more about aesthetic details and less about driving the snot out of the car. I think the Dr. would be shaking his head right now if he could see what's happening.

Hi Mark ya ba’heid. How’s it hanging.

I recently drove my RS almost 5000 kilometres from Scotland to Sicily and back for the Targa Florio Revival in order to meet Armando Floridia, the owner of the dealership in 1973 that sold my car new and he also happened to win the penultimate Targa in 1976. I drove the entire Modone circuit (apart from the missing bit due to land slip) and visited both Targa museums on the island. Mr Floridia is a pure gentleman and very humble about his achievements in racing. We spent a glorious afternoon pouring over my cars (Italian) history file which he translated with a smile. I bought the fantastic Italian coffees.

Is that sporty enough for you?

The old pits at Cerda.

host photos free

The very spot where my car was sold new in 1973.

A racing gentleman.

His racing gloves, shoes etc in the museum

Most RS’s don’t see the outside world but mine is for driving.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Oh, and by the way, the rear slam panel is original (as is the rest of the car) so ‘the minutia’ and driving can go together. Most RS’s have been restored with that panel (and the front slam panel) wrong.

What about your sill drain outlets. What shape are they on your 100k car? What shape should they be?
    Does minutia matter? The fantastic Barry and I discussed this for a while and, yes, we decided to backdate the sill drain holes on my resto. from the incorrect shape on the new replacement Porsche panels.
    Of course this will hardly ever be seen but it suits me to have it correct.
    If I was spending 100g I’d want everything correct.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Meanwhile, Over on BaT . . .

. . . 9110101733 . .
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...911t-coupe-27/

. . . again

. . . ex 'guano'

Attached Images Attached Images