Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FS @BaT: '73 'S' Targa . . .

Congrats Frank!

Banned
    Thanks.

Always nice when buyer and seller believe it was a very fair deal.

So let me say Mr. Frank Beck is a stand up guy in every way, he did what he said he would do, he communicated with us, he gave advice based on his knowledge of the these cars and the market as it is today. My wife and I did not really know Frank but several friends of mine know him and recommended him so we put our trust in him and at the end of this as Frank said this seller believes this was a very fair deal and we cannot THANK him enough, my gut tells me the new owner will thank him as well and hopefully they enjoy the car like we did.
    Also we want to thank Terry Worrick Restoration, Geri Kierstadt of GK Limited, and Becks European for the work on the car and the 911S registry community for the knowledge we gained about these cars as well as introducing me to Frank!
    It is not always about the money, we have gained so much more than money in this deal. Can't put a price on freindships gained!!!
    Thanks again Frank!

Banned
    You're welcome Tom. It's been a pleasure. Next time I'm on the way back from a race and tempted to charge through NE with my blinders on I expect to stop for dinner and drinks with you and the Mrs.

My apologies to Terry and Geri. They both did great work on this car. I should have given credit up front where credit was due.

This is absolutely adorable!

I just read through the final few comments of the auction. Wow. Apparently some snowflakes were offended that I made a crack about a "worthy" buyer coming along. Would love to know where that thin-skinned bunch hangs so I can do drive-bys in their safe space!
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 10-11-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Frank,
    Coming or going to a race is fine with us! Heck we park the truck at the shop have a steak (real deal steak) and throw a couple back and if it is a few to many we have plenty of room for you.
    Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you again.

Banned
    Buyer flew in this week to see and drive his new acquisition. Wish I could bottle and sell the grin he had on his face.
    Car heading to its new home in NC next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Buyer flew in this week to see and drive his new acquisition. Wish I could bottle and sell the grin he had on his face.
    Car heading to its new home in NC next week.
    Wait a minute isn't that what you do for a living, help folks facilitate their dreams
    Early S Junkie # 658

VIN = 9113310632
    Eng# = ?\
    Trans# = ?
    Prod# = ?

. . . now at CPR . . .

'. . . CPR Classic is delighted to offer this stunning 1973 Porsche 911S Targa finished in Silver over a Black leather interior. A fully numbers-matching example, this 911 retains its original drivetrain, color combination, and options list. This 911S also has functional air-conditioning, making for a pleasant driving experience no matter how high the mercury rises.

The documentation on this 911S is extensive. Service records date back to 1984 and appear to be complete through the present day. Multiple registration slips show long-term ownership in Lincoln, Nebraska. The car changed hands in the early 1990s to another Lincoln, Nebraska resident who owned it for the next twenty-plus years.

In 2012, the owner sent the car to Terry Worick Restorations, where a major restoration was performed at the cost of over $115,000 USD. The restoration was comprehensive and included a complete exterior repaint, major mechanical overhauls, and an assortment of other items. The entire restoration documentation and all of the individual invoices were retained and included in the documentation. The documentation also includes a Certificate of Authenticity and photos from a previous repaint to the most recent restoration. Based on photos of the car directly after the restoration at Terry Worick, the car has only traveled several hundred miles since completion.

The car has most recently lived in a prominent collection in North Carolina alongside multiple other Porsches. The most recent owner spent $3,600 on a full service at Hendrick Porsche in Charlotte, NC; a factory Porsche Classic Radio was also sourced and installed during this visit.

Upon arrival at CPR, the car was thoroughly inspected and found to be in fantastic order both mechanically and cosmetically. It is evident that the car never suffered from damage or extensive rust. We serviced the car and the wheels are being refinished (expected completion week of 7/5/21) due to slight imperfections.

This 911S was appointed from the factory as follows:

-Exterior Paint: Silver Metallic/80
    -Interior Material Color: Black Leatherette/11

Options:
    -US equipment
    -Sport seats L/R
    -Manual antenna & noise suppression
    -Tinted glass all around
    -Dunlop tires

Additional Options:
    -Air conditioning
    . . .'