Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS @BaT: '73 'S' Targa . . .

Anyone else surprised at the current bid price? $107k w/ only 3.5hrs to go. Has the market returned to rational levels for the long hood cars?

Of course I'm a fan of this car as I own a '73 911S Targa in silver w/ sport seats. I had to look for 4 years to find it though so I'm not sure I can agree with the statement that most were built to this spec. GLWS, its a beautiful car.
    Mark Brown
    '73 911S Targa '70 914-6

Quote Originally Posted by plays with cars View Post
    Anyone else surprised at the current bid price? $107k w/ only 3.5hrs to go.
    Nah... watch it in the last few minutes. Very common for expensive cars to run up to $50k-$100k then take off at the end. Sophisticated bidders don't bid early.

Banned
    Count down.

Banned
    Good grief.

Slow pitch softball.

The car is worth more than the $139k bid or $144k with BAT fee...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post

“For Sale” threads on this car should have been the only ones deleted.
    Why remove prior threads on the car? I thought they were here for historical and research purposes. Is BAT going to police the internet for every prior online listing of a car?
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    It's amazing how many 73S Targas, (at least in the final months of production), came out with the exact same spec. Silver, sport seats, fog lights, radio install kit, dealer installed A/C. Must have been the same guy placing the orders.
    Wish my May produced 73S Targa was silver with sport seats. Mine has factory AC, and no front mounted oil cooler. Frank's car looked great!
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by neilk View Post
    Is BAT going to police the internet for every prior online listing of a car?
    No.
    Apparently only here.
    They specifically told me to remove the ESR ads.

Big BaT is watching.

Me thinks someone over there is a huge Porsche fan.

Quote Originally Posted by vtacarguy View Post
    The car is worth more than the $139k bid or $144k with BAT fee...
    Compared to the 103k that franks T coupe got you'd think so. Maybe rrvi got in the way. Way off the original ask of 225k here.

~J~
    air cooled only

Banned
    Looks like we've found a new home for this sweet Targa.

Spirited and exhausting negotiating process but everyone came out a winner. It was a great reminder for me that some buyers are not simply time-wasters that should be cast aside; they just need hand-holding and educating. But given that there still has to be a "put up or shut up" call to action.