Thread: 1972 right taillight housing unique?

1972 right taillight housing unique?

Does anybody have a picture of a 1972 right tail light housing? Specifically what makes it unique from the other years. I've heard that they have something on them that holds the wiring that goes up to the oil tank and I don't think I have the right one for my car. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I also have a 72 which retains its original lamp housings and wiring, and they are presently off the car. The oil tank wiring is indeed part of this wiring harness, but nothing unique about he lamp itself...at least from my optic and I just had them all apart for restoration.

Oh I sure hope you are correct because I have a couple of tail light housings but if I have to try to find a 1972 right turn signal housing that could be a little bit tricky.

If it is unique, it is because the oil tank was moved forward for that one year. This may have altered the tail light housing and the wiring layout to the right tail light with the oil tank gone.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548