Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOMO Prototipo - flat, silver, 350mm, 1st gen.

MOMO Prototipo - flat, silver, 350mm, 1st gen.

I'm quick listing this stacked momo prototipo here. Just came home from a friend of mine sharing the same interest as me. He showed me this wheel here that he was willing to sell and i said i'd help him out since he didn't really know where to go with it except for ebay. I'm actually returning a favor he has done me before and we can all use some help every now and than.

So what do we have here? I tried to put it all down in the title, i only forgot to add it's a stacked MoMo logo version. Conditionwise it does have one very obvious flaw: the cracked leather. It's a real shame since the wheel is in very good shape other than that: no damages on the spokes, leather seems all nice and tight, the wheel is still flat and not but which is quite rare, and it even has a nice brownish patina on top. So yeah, too bad for the leather but if you don't mind the look or you actually prefer and old look, this is the best you could get. I would like to keep it myself but i just made quite a big purchase which caused me to sell my third kidney in fact so i'm absolutely not in the ballpark right now. Final pictures in the row are just to show some of the horn button possibilities. I can supply both but they are not included in the price.

Price: asking 650€ excluding shipping/paypal (friends and fam). I think he might be open to close offers too but potential buyers that are willing to take it at the price listed get precedence.

Strangely enough, the top of the leather is the part which doesn't have cracks. Usually, it's the other way around...

I'll be listing one of these old NOS momo buttons for sale as well in a moment.

leather porsche buttons. Availabale seperately at 65€ excluding shipping (which is 10€)

Click to see my momo collection --> For those interested in my steering wheel collection, feel free to have a look

bumping this one ttt. I know the leather looks quite bad in the pics. And of course, the condition is what it is but in reality it is still subtle. Doesn't feel how it looks and the wheel as a whole, it's not that bad really. Having said so, i'm willing to pass on offers.
    Click to see my momo collection --> For those interested in my steering wheel collection, feel free to have a look

No takers yet. I see the leather being the main concern with this wheel. FWIW, it doesnt feel brittle but rather nice and subtle. It's not as bad as one might expect from the pics.

So its a
    "Cracked, Stacked, Silver, Flat, !st Gen, 350, Proto that looks like my grandmothers face that I alway enjoy kissing ???
    GLWS

IMG_0268.jpg
    Mark

Not exactly. I'm trying to say that even though it looks like your grandmothers face, it probably feels closer to your wife's. Obviously, if the leather looked like the face of a teenager, this wheel would be priced the current price times 6, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Robi View Post
    Obviously, if the leather looked like the face of a teenager, this wheel would be priced the current price times 6, right?
    Correctomomo Robi,

I do have a couple of wheels in a similar condition as what you have here and YES they still have that tactile feeling and years of life left in them,,
    Mark

I understand it is more difficult to pull the trigger on a wheel that looks like this but i wouldnt worry using it at all. I've seen a few momo's of this era and except for the leather that obviously once has been way to dry, it is surprisingly well! It's not really visible on the pics I took but the stitching is really nice and tight. Very solid. Maybe if I had a ROCS longhood I'd be tempted to take this one myself but then again, good thing I dont since I should really NOT buy another prototipo...

Pricedrop to 575€ excluding costs!

Robin, I will take it!
    '67 911S Sunroof, Polo Red(Project disguised as a G-model)
    '67 912 Sunroof, Light Ivory(Alive and kickin')
    '67 912 SWTarga, Signal Red(Project in the making)
    X: 67 911 Coupe + 67S Targa, 912, 924, 944, 928, 356

Thanks Kjell, i'll be sorting out the buttons soon!