Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 67S sport seats

67S sport seats

*SOLD* Excellent condition, no rips or tears, driver side has locker mechanism type base, passenger sits on regular sliders $7700. Buyer pays shipping and pp fees. They are all packed up and ready to ship.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CarmelSkip; 11-03-2018 at 01:43 PM.

My goodness!
    You have EVERYTHING!
    LOOKING FOR 1967S TRANSMISSION #103586
    Looking For 1969T Engine #6195922
    Looking For 1969T Transmission #7194313

Looking for 1969T Transmission #7195495
    www.tcspeed.com

I'm sorry, but passenger seats (on the right) did not exist in 1967 yet. greeting

hinge on the right

Hi, are these seats original (i.e. un restored) or have they been restored? And I presume these seats are original (i.e. non replica)? Sorry for not understanding, but what exactly was meant with 'passenger seats did not exist'? Are these 2 driver seats? Thanks for your reply.

They ARE factory supplied sport seats, but they have obviously been recovered...badly. Looks like someone put an air chuck in them and inflated them! Waaay

pooched out, puffy. An original set of '67s would BOTH have the recliner mechanism on the left side...they did not make a right side seat until sometime in '68.

Also the recliners have phillips screws...original '67s had slotted screws. Can just get a glimpse of frames, but look like SWB frames.

Probably poorly recovered '68s....the headrest holes were probably covered.

Eric?
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

If I can add constructive advice rather than rip on every seat the way some people do...

Driver is a SWB - it’s a driver side as all SWB were, forward/aft lever built into seat, sliders mounted to seat not the tilt, tilt is SWB

Passenger is a LWB, passenger LWB hinge, no forward aft lever in seat base as its on the tilt and more clarity would be needed on the “regular sliders”description but look like a LWB tilt with sliders mounted on the bottom.

Things like slotted screws wear out and get replaced all the time, almost every seat has been re-upholstered in the past, we are lucky if they survive with original upholstery and it’s not beat to hell but not to be expected with core seats. When they are reupholstered most of the time they have added padding for comfort. Only the 67 seats had almost no padding, look deflated and I would love to see the process to build 67 only upholstery as it is thin on the backrest and must offer little comfort. ‘Passenger Seats did not exist’ again is bad English from the critic that offers no explanation- in 67-68 they only had one seat, with a hinge on driver side. If you want a passenger side seat then they mounted the same seat with driver side hinge in the passenger spot. So this single SWB seat can be mounted in driver or passenger side of a car (the tilt base levers are driver passenger however)

Skip I would sell them separately as they belong on different cars. The passenger LWB seat is rarer than drivers so good to complete a pair with someone who only has a driver sport seat optioned in their LWB car.
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 11-03-2018 at 07:21 AM.

^^^^^^ well said
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Oh kool, do I get a badge!!!?

Well, not what I expected. I have had these seats for over 30 years, were in my car before I started the restoration and yes they were recovered just after I bought them. I have the slotted screws for them, would include them in the sale. They are a nice pair of seats that could easily be modified if desired.
    Last edited by CarmelSkip; 11-03-2018 at 04:08 PM.