Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Stolen engine No.6111743 - Porsche 911 T 1971 in Switzerland

concerning the fraud of selling stolen items:
    if you do buy from the „thief“ without knowing you do rightfully aquire the ownership of the item/property/engine whatsoever…there is also in the UK no chance to get the formerly owned property back, unless you buy it back at the terms of the seller….

There are some cases of property fraud existing, in the UK and now reported in Germany where houses are sold without the knowing or consent of the „real owner“, as fake signitures and fake sale documents are shown to the legal council, who then applies for registration in the land register. If they are enlisted they can legally sell the property and if sold to a third party you do never get it back!!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-essex-59069662.amp

https://www.spiegel.de/panorama/just...d-a123f096ace3
    you can translate this in safari
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Thx. Essentially, my « all damaged car insurance policy », who will pay me back the car’s agreed and estimated value if stolen, does not include « Unterschlagung> embezzlement«, and almost never has this insured on its policy.
    So, if someone steals my car at home or anywhere else and car cant be found, repaired or restaured, the full agreed value is payed out.

But not if i give it to shop owner including DOT papers and he sells it unlawfully…then its « embezzlement « and my fault to trust a third party and not check them not throughouly. And yes, some owners found their cars and « new owners » and got their car’s confiscated but, some new owners could proof no wrongdoing, receiving both DOT papers and payed market price…thats why im grateful of my 911T owning it still. They stole trans and engine but not the car, lack of papers it had, since i kept DOT papers w me. Somehow i got lucky, and yes, im grateful for this fate.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 11-16-2021 at 10:28 AM.
    Registry member No.773

From my point of view ... Give thanks "to heaven" for having the car in your hands and being able to continue "playing" ... Optimism they told me it was called at school ...

The case, which has become known in Germany and now also in Switzerland, is becoming more and more widespread.

I am also affected, a car I own was offered to the Porsche Museum. So, not the car I own, but a copy with the same chassis number. The owner and seller were deceived when buying the car many years ago.

Due to the fact that there is another well-known Porsche racing driver, a large commercial Porsche collector and many other tradesmen involved, I believe we are talking about more than 100 vehicles with a falsified history.

Really sad

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    concerning the fraud of selling stolen items:
    if you do buy from the „thief“ without knowing you do rightfully aquire the ownership of the item/property/engine whatsoever…there is also in the UK no chance to get the formerly owned property back, unless you buy it back at the terms of the seller….
    Not true, I'm afraid. In the UK, if you buy a car which turns out to be stolen, you lose the right to ownership. The car will be seized and, if an insurance payout had been made to the original owner, the car becomes the property of the insurance company. To get your money back, you need to take civil action against the person or company that sold it t you. If there was no insurance payment made when the vehicle was stolen, then it returns to the original (legal) owner.
    Cornwall
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by KS Carrera View Post
    Not true, I'm afraid. In the UK,
    Yes it depends where you are. So perhaps not true for the UK but true for Germany

keith,

so please
    do explain the above mentioned story from bbc, link provided in my post
    „……. Once the house was sold to the new owner for £131,000 by the person impersonating Mr Hall, they legally owned it…..“
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Just another example ... in Italy, whoever is buying in good faith a stolen car, but without having performed proper due diligence, is punished with arrest up to six months and a small fine. The car, since is a registered asset and it is therefore possible to find the legitimate owner, is seized by the authorities, together with the amount of money which was paid for it. So, every judicial system has its own peculiarities.
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

I can't see any updates on the trial...is it all behind doors or has it been pushed back. Anyone know the latest??

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    keith,

so please
    do explain the above mentioned story from bbc, link provided in my post
    „……. Once the house was sold to the new owner for £131,000 by the person impersonating Mr Hall, they legally owned it…..“
    The laws are different when it comes to property sales.
    Cornwall
    UK