Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 911 owned by a King!

I for one must be dense, because I see no harm in Adam's posts.
    I am richer for the wealth he shares.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Another thinly veiled "for sale" ad by Adam Wright. I'm getting tired of having to read this cr*p. I fully expect this post to be dumped immediately so I am taking a screen shot of it. Those that missed it can email me at easypor@sbcglobal.net.

Regards

Jim
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Huge View Post
    Well said.
    I've been sitting here thinking, trying to figure out what is really going on here, because this doesn't make much sense. I sell Porsches, all day, every day, and I sell more than most. Trucks heavily laden with Porsches are coming and going from Unobtanium on a regular basis. I sell my cars primarily through ebay and private sales, there is a long list of guys looking for a certain car and when it arrives I call them, it's sold. So I have no reason to "thinly veil" a car sale, if I want to sell a car, I sell it, and I do this pretty regular. I think what's going on here has nothing to do with me. I think retirement is not really working out for Jim, maybe he's watching too much cable news and seeing conspiracies where there are none. "What's that Adam doing, is he trying to sell a car by talking out of the side of his mouth?" No, Adam found a really cool car with unbelievable provenance and is excited about it, and has decided to write an article about it. Which means I spent this winter sitting in front of the fire reading books all about King Hussein and am going back and forth with a bunch of people around the world talking about King Hussein, then I'm on the forum's talking about his car. But isn't that why this forum is here, to talk about cool early Porsches?
    I would suggest to you Jim, to find somewhere to volunteer or maybe take some classes at the Community College, and stop trying to uncover things that aren't there. It's unbecoming of a man I once had a lot of respect for. And I'll say it again, THIS 911 IS NOT FOR SALE. But you can read a really cool article about it this Fall.

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Banned
    Adam, I don’t think there’s any mystery.

I believe what bothers Jim is the perception of shameless self promotion and narcissism.

I have no idea if Jim’s retirement isn’t “working out” or not. Personally, I would be bored to tears. I’m confident I’ll die with dirty hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Another thinly veiled "for sale" ad by Adam Wright. I'm getting tired of having to read this cr*p. I fully expect this post to be dumped immediately so I am taking a screen shot of it. Those that missed it can email me at easypor@sbcglobal.net.

Regards

Jim
    I like you Jim, don’t know Adam or his apparent history you allude to, but on the face of it this seems to me to be a misinterpretation and over reaction to this particular thread.

I sell Porsches, all day, every day, and I sell more than most. Trucks heavily laden with Porsches are coming and going from Unobtanium on a regular basis. I sell my cars primarily through ebay and private sales, there is a long list of guys looking for a certain car and when it arrives I call them, it's sold.

Everyone gets it, many of us have businesses. But as evinced by the above your self promotion is relentless, narcissistic, and takes the same form across multiple Porsche forums. You can say don't click your threads, but you add the same self promotion to others threads .

Not doubting the enthusiasm, or wanting to create a internet pile on but this isn't the first time complaints have been voiced, IIRC it happened on the Bird a few months back.

Why not moderate the constant self referential content and give us a rest and a space to simply enjoy the hobby ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post

I believe what bothers Jim is the perception of shameless self promotion and narcissism.

I have no idea if Jim’s retirement isn’t “working out” or not. Personally, I would be bored to tears. I’m confident I’ll die with dirty hands.
    I’m surprised your hands have time to get dirty from all the posts you make! ��
    Everyone seems so harsh today.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post

So writing about a cool car that I found and talking about writing about said car is shameless self promotion? The forum is for talking about cool early Porsches, is it not? Writing is something I've been doing since I was in college, hell, I even once owned an International Magazine, remember those? So I shouldn't share the story of a cool barn find and I shouldn't research the history of the car? Or I should and I just shouldn't talk about it on a forum that was set up to talk about early Porsches?
    You guys really aren't making any sense. Now if you don't like me personally and just want to rail at me, that I can understand, I'm used to that. I learned sometime in my late 20's that all my life about half the people who meet me don't like me, but the other half does. The good news is the ones that do like me really like me, the bad news is the ones that don't like REALLY DON'T LIKE ME. I'll let you and Jim decide which camp you belong in. But once I realized this I thought back and nothing I had ever done had changed the ratio much, new hair, new clothes, new friends, the ratio always stayed the same. Once I realized this I decided to just preach to the choir, because the people who don't like me aren't going to like me no matter what, there is just something about me that half of this world hates. In this case rather than just ignore my posts on forums they feel the need to attach reasons why they hate me. He's a narcissist! He's a self-promoter! I don't like him! Well, guess what, I'm going to be doing Porsches for the rest of my life, God willing, which means I'll probably be in places like this talking about them. If that irritates you, don't click the link when you see my name, it's really that easy. Because I can't make you like me.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    I’m surprised your hands have time to get dirty from all the posts you make! ��
    24 hours in a day.

As long as I put in my 60 hours of work weekly the rest is free time. EZ-PZ.

As a lowly "junior member" i enjoyed reading the post, I can only dream of such a passion as Adam can afford,
    Current fleet, mostly rubbish automobiles and other assorted junk.