Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 911 owned by a King!

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Be amusing if Porsche chose to penny pinch if used a several years outmoded speed pilot for the King who was no doubt a VIP customer — didn’t he trade or maybe even donate a race car to Porsche museum?
    It would be interesting to see when the car was actually ordered. It was delivered in early November of 65, but was probably ordered months before. It was special ordered with instructions to paint it with a 356 paint code, to match his Le Mans 904. That is the car that is now in the Factory collection, he traded it later for a new 911, pictured here.

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

It's good to be the king...

Looks like a 74/75 Carrera without spoiler.

Think it was a 2.7 mfi iirc it is mentioned in the Carrera 2.7 book. Interesting if it straight trade one let alone two race cars for a brand new G series 2.7 MFI in view of what has happened in the Classic car market since the photo around the mid-seventies.

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Think it was a 2.7 mfi iirc it is mentioned in the Carrera 2.7 book. Interesting if it straight trade one let alone two race cars for a brand new G series 2.7 MFI in view of what has happened in the Classic car market since the photo around the mid-seventies.
    According to the King's people the photo is mis-leading, only the 904 was given to Porsche the 906 was just on loan.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Another thinly veiled "for sale" ad by Adam Wright. I'm getting tired of having to read this cr*p. I fully expect this post to be dumped immediately so I am taking a screen shot of it. Those that missed it can email me at easypor@sbcglobal.net.

Regards

Jim
    Three years later, car is still in my barn, still not for sale. Awaiting it's turn for a restoration. I stopped by and said hi a few weeks ago. A family of cats is keeping the mice away. The poor Carrera can't catch a break, sat in a barn for 15 years near cape cod, now it's in my barn. Also, not for sale.

---Adam

It's rare to find original photos of one of your cars. Luckily my friend George Kehler scans the European auctions for cool stuff and saw a photo of my 911, next to King Hussein and The Baron Huschke von Hanstein. Cool photo, originally from the Porsche archives. Now I just have to restore the car!

---Adam

Fantastic photos and story, thanks for sharing!