Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Choice between 2 classics

Such intrigue....we're only trying to be helpful. I sold a 70-S (full nut and bolt restoration) in the early summer of this year....if the SN ends in 0237 you might want to reach out to me. Like you, I thought I had done a full 'data and history' check. Oh man, do I have a story. Unlike the guys who misrepresented it to me, I made full disclosure when I sold it after learning the ugly truth. At that point, I lost any control about how the next guy/dealer would represent it....hence my suggestion to provide the VIN on the chance it could be the same car.

Quote Originally Posted by mac73s View Post
    Such intrigue....we're only trying to be helpful. I sold a 70-S (full nut and bolt restoration) in the early summer of this year....if the SN ends in 0237 you might want to reach out to me. Like you, I thought I had done a full 'data and history' check. Oh man, do I have a story. Unlike the guys who misrepresented it to me, I made full disclosure when I sold it after learning the ugly truth. At that point, I lost any control about how the next guy/dealer would represent it....hence my suggestion to provide the VIN on the chance it could be the same car.
    Not that number Mac. I am not at the stage of verfiying the certified VIN/engine/gearbox/body numbers that I have seen and matched with Kardex as yet, I just wished to know if , having these two models in an identical state, which one is the better of the two. That is all . I feel that all the intrigue is being caused by members who happen to hit on this very simple and plain post .

Banned
    “Identical state”.

Fool’s errand to believe that. Absolutely IMPOSSIBLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    “Identical state”.

Fool’s errand to believe that. Absolutely IMPOSSIBLE.
    oh all right then, lets say very similar :-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    oh all right then, lets say very similar :-)
    Sorry; the sceptic in me doesn’t believe that either.

I guess I may be a little skeptical like Frank ; very few cars are restored to perfection - that's a big adjective .

Hard to compare the 911T and the 911S. The S with that exhilarating rush to 7300 rpm and the 911T (tame) where you have the engine fade off at 6000 rpm. easy choice in my book. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Quote Originally Posted by raspy2point2 View Post
    Hard to compare the 911T and the 911S. The S with that exhilarating rush to 7300 rpm and the 911T (tame) where you have the engine fade off at 6000 rpm. easy choice in my book. Chris
    Thank you Raspy

Quote Originally Posted by Richy View Post
    I guess I may be a little skeptical like Frank ; very few cars are restored to perfection - that's a big adjective .
    Believe me sir, these two are very close to what you describe as "to perfection"

May I add that the 1969, is the last of the SWB 2.0 .