Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Ambition Fulfilled - my 1972 911T coupe

We can go in 50/50 on a Cayman. I have garage space.
    John Thompson

1966 912. My first car. Bought it Nov. 25, 1988. Still have it.

Quote Originally Posted by frederik View Post
    Good to hear you're keeping the car for now. I think as it is, it's absolutely perfect as a driver. In my opinion, the 2.4T/MFI engine is fast enough and makes the right noise but of course sometimes we also lust for something else! The only solution is to have multiple Porsches. Do you ever miss your '84 Carrera?
    Yes, the 2.4T-MFI is quite sufficient for my uses. The back roads of Western Oregon are not roads for speed runs. I have no problems keeping up with the rest of the PCA cars on our drives, and occasionally I'll lead the run.

I have no place to put more Porsches (or any other vehicles, actually). I already occasionally store a car in an empty spot in my in-law's garage.

The '84 Carrera was also a great example. I don't really miss it, although my wife still wishes for those '84 sport seats. The aftermarket Recaros in the 72T are decent seats, but remember that I didn't actually choose them, I stumbled into them. (See here - #204) I may want to start watching for something better.

Side note - the person I sold my former Carrera to recently sold it on BaT. He did really well...

1984 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by jaudette3 View Post
    Nice going Arne! I've never regretted keeping one but a lot of regrets the other way.
    You know, I rarely have regrets about selling a car. Generally once I've decided to move on I do it and don't look back. Which is part of why I decided to keep this one (for now). I was more than a little torn at the thought of selling it. Which is a clear sign that I'm not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by jt912 View Post
    We can go in 50/50 on a Cayman. I have garage space.
    That's not a good idea, John. Not now. I am pretty single-threaded, can't pay attention to more than one recreational car at a time.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

On the flip side of all this is that while I'm not willing to invest any time or effort into selling it right now, I suppose I could be convinced to sell if someone made a fair offer and it was a totally simple, no drama sale. But I'm not going to go out of my way to look for that right now.
    - Arne

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Here's an interesting addendum. When I decided to pull back from selling the car, I edited my ad (linked above) to say it was not on the market. I left the description and asking price in place, for future value references.

That ad has been deleted by an admin or moderator. I've never noticed that before, cleaning up and deleting stale ads?
    - Arne

Quote Originally Posted by Arne View Post
    Here's an interesting addendum. When I decided to pull back from selling the car, I edited my ad (linked above) to say it was not on the market. I left the description and asking price in place, for future value references.

That ad has been deleted by an admin or moderator. I've never noticed that before, cleaning up and deleting stale ads?
    That is very interesting and not really beneficial if you ask me.
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

Well, in absence of a firm decision ("Love It Or List It" of sorts), the local weather around here right now encourages turning on the garage heater and spending time with the car. So over the next few weeks I'm going to address a couple of non-essential things that have been on my list for quite a while. I'll be happier when they are done, and making the car better is never a bad thing even if I do decide to sell. Stay tuned...
    - Arne

Arne, been following your journey on this thread, absolutely amazing work on your part!
    Jake
    Member # 4064
    ‘69 911E
    WTB! Looking for a 72-73 mfi coupe.

New HVAC cover and carpet installed in the trunk, and a new fuel tank is out getting coated with Wurth Gray Stonegard now. The original is nice inside and not rusty, but the bottom was badly dented long before I got the car. Looked like someone put a floor jack under it, and it's finally time to get that done so that I can put more than 12 gallons in it. Supposed to be able to pick up the tank on Monday, but my painter doesn't often meet his own deadlines. But should be able to start the tank replacement soon.
    - Arne

Forgot the picture...

Name:  DSC_2274.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  92.1 KB

A couple new ones as well.

Name:  DSC_2205.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  73.4 KB

Name:  DSC_2212.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  86.2 KB
    - Arne

Great looking car there Arne.
    You should be proud of all the hard work you've put into it.
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V