Thread: Rear Seat Delete, Complete..sorta

Rear Seat Delete, Complete..sorta

Pictured is a rear seat delete that I took from a 68 Soft Window Targa many decades ago, IIRC. I sawed the edges off to fit in my 71 911 Coupe with 73 Inertia Reel Seat belts. Otherwise it just as removed including the bad upholstery. The carpet on the top got tossed a long time ago and was just a piece of Perlon carpet with vinyl binding.
    Prices on these things that I can find indicate the sellers are very proud of their pile of wood, metal brackets, wood screws, hinges and cheap plastic latches. There is a set of doors for sale on this site for $899.00 (another candidate for Frank's "Seriously" thread. IMHO) . How bout $750.00 for what is in the picture? This thing has served it's purpose for me for a long time. It covered up the 2 useless rear seats in my 911 (made it a 2 passenger car) and allowed me to cross the SF Bay Bridge on my way to Giants games, using the commute lane and saved, not only money (slightly less bridge fare), $450.00 "commute violation tickets and about 20 minutes of time. I'm open to offers. Don't be offended if I don't return your PMs or Emails if you offer isn't in the ballpark (Pun intended), though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jim Breazeale; 01-11-2019 at 11:49 AM.