Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 119200154

Back at it, despite winter being crazy times for a body shop. Im not complaining.
    Remains the clamp supports for the plastic fuel tank, and the shell goes on a rotisserie for underside cleaning up. Then the fenders and lid get fitted.

It’s nice to see things moving forward again

post needs a few words.

It looks like it will be getting painted for sure this year��

I think that's their aim.
    Still a lot to check/align on this front end.

Looks great! You must be rally pleased with the work they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny042 View Post
    Looks great! You must be rally pleased with the work they are doing.
    They are modern enough to be able to thrive on everyday work, but have enough experience/drive/passion to take their time, talk with me and do it the right way. They sourced a Celette bank right after first seeing the car (see page 1), deciding right away that there was no other way. The owner is the son of the founder and his son is there with him. They know old school, tin and hammer/dolly work, on alloy and steel.

So yes, I like them.

Something weird with the front lights. The lights and the fenders seem original, if not to the car, at least not repro parts. The lenses are repop (over 1K for original lenses, ha!). The left front has some major fitting issues, whereas the (previously crash damaged) right side fits much better.

I've seen that on a couple of cars - however I don't know it it's the fenders or the lights

Been there many times. You have to "fit" the light to the fender. A lot of time and patience.