Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: 119200154

The headlight bucket in the (previously crash damaged) right fender was crooked. Drove the panel beater nuts. Bought a new bucket, removed the original that was in, repaired a few ugly welds, and now the headlight bucket is aligned as on the (undamaged) left fender.

Also got the struts back from sanding and paint. There was enough of the original paint on one strut to clean up and find a corresponding RAL tone. the new rear shocks are more of a red tone, but I am not going to repaint them.
    Last edited by GeorgeK; 01-14-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Insert text here
    Last edited by GeorgeK; 01-14-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Are these the final choices?

I need to check whether Chartreuse is the same as Gelbgrün.
    There is also Signal Orange, although I have had an orange 911 already.
    An idea that pops up is Light Ivory with fraise or green lids front and back.

I vote for Chartreuse but don't see a colour swab for it
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Chartreuse is a different code, 226 (Gelbgrün is 137). I will ask the painter for a sample in Chartreuse for comparison.

Sounds like you are leaning toward a sport purpose look.

So, if you are showing paint samples............does that mean it's time for paint? Is your son still on board? Better keep things moving on the project or he will reach the age where females become more interesting and you loose him as a third hand !

Paint is nearing, but I'd say not this summer. The shop had a slow day and they had the list of colors to paint samples .

Kid is still on board, but less so, since he is in boarding school 40 miles away (doing high school in german). Weekends are busy with everything including 911 build, but less so than before. There is also the VW bug rebuild alongside.
    Edit: he likes girls... but is quite a Porsche nut as well.

Chartreuse --- '137' . . .

. . . or is it '226'?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeK View Post
    . . . need to check whether Chartreuse is the same as Gelbgrün . . .
    https://www.rennbow.org/porsche-colors/LimeGreen

More, here . . .
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...l=1#post317470

. . . and here . . .
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...l=1#post317659

Attached Images Attached Images   

We Can Be Heroes